Sign in to follow this  
youhavegottobekidding

Ad-aware Crashes After Scan

Serious help needed. Downloaded ad-aware 2007 free last night and ran a scan. Scan took a loooong time and when done there were 9100 critical items. Went to remove and got a popup saying that it could not contact server or something to that effect and then 'terminated gracefully' . Well, that is an awful nice wording to a frustrating time, I'll say that. Soooo.....went to desktop to start it again and received a popup saying that there is an error and it asked if I was logged on as another user. So I restarted pc and then the startup worked ok. Ran ANOTHER scan and came up with 8500 critical items............clicked remove and it did the same theing!!! 'terminated gracefully'. By this time I was not so graceful and I did the whole thing over again and ran a smart scan this time instead of full scan. And AGAIN 'terminated gracefully'. By now grace is out the window and I went to the support page. Guess what............I can't log on because LS can't find my email address THAT I USED LAST NIGHT to get this whole thing downloaded. So now I can't even get to the support dept for help!!!! I can't log on!! Hopefully this forum works for me..........

You are not the only one haveing troubles....

Ok, try this following stuff to see if you can reduce the number of infections you have on your machine:

1) Goto settings / Autoscan and uncheck "Update definitions on startup" setting. Now you are sure that Ad-Aware will not contact any servers

on startup.

2) Run a full scan again and try to remove the infections you have.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Gusten Svensson

Sign in to follow this