Sign in to follow this  
ajs

Licensing

Hi,

I was wondering if someone would be able to clarify something for me.

I've read the terms and conditions for Ad-Aware SE Personal but I'm unsure as to exactly what sort of usage is allowed and what isn't.

Is use within a commercial organisation (i.e. school or business) permitted or would that require purchasing of one of the other Ad-Aware SE products?

Cheers

Al

I'm pretty sure I saw somewhere that it was for fre for non-commercial use only. However, it is not mentioned in the license and I can't find it on the site...

Well it did use to say, that Ad-aware SE Personal is free for non-commersial use.

I found this under the FAQ's, which might help to answer your question

"Do you offer special discounts for educational, governmental and non-profit institutions?

We offer a 50% discount on purchases and a 10% discount on the yearly Maintenance and support fee for Governmental, Educational, and Non-Profit Institutions. "

Found it!

*Free for non-commercial use only. For use in a commercial/educational/governmental environment or to purchase a registered copy of Ad-aware, click here.

The above link seems to be dead though, but I found it at the Lavasoft Research site.

Any other questions or queries?

Well it did use to say, that Ad-aware SE Personal is free for non-commersial use.

I found this under the FAQ's, which might help to answer your question

"Do you offer special discounts for educational, governmental and non-profit institutions?

We offer a 50% discount on purchases and a 10% discount on the yearly Maintenance and support fee for Governmental, Educational, and Non-Profit Institutions. "

Found it!

*Free for non-commercial use only. For use in a commercial/educational/governmental environment or to purchase a registered copy of Ad-aware, click here.

The above link seems to be dead though, but I found it at the Lavasoft Research site.

Any other questions or queries?

Hello... I dare not comment on the licensing conditions as I am research, and not an expert (sales would know the answer better than me...) But as Andy said, AAW SE Personal, is free for non-commercial use. Other versions can be found at http://www.lavasoft.com/purchase/home/

Thanks

Thanks for all your replies.

I assumed that the personal edition was only free for non-commercial use but since I couldn't find anything that said it I was unable to prove it to a work colleague.

I can go beat him round the head for trying to install it at work now.

Cheers

Al