Sign in to follow this  
leadcrystal

Error: 6100 Received During A Full Scan After Downloading Updates

Recommended Posts

I downloaded web and definition updates today (09/03/07) before running a full scan. About halfway through the scan, my laptop froze and a window popped up that said Service Error: 6100 has occurred. Description: Lost connection with Ad-Aware service. Terminating gracefully. I restarted my laptop and have tried running a full scan several times since then, and I keep getting the same Error 6100 message. This is the first time I've had any problems with Ad-Aware 2007, and it happened after downloading updates.

 

Here's my info:

 

Ad-Aware 2007 (Free)

Version 7.0.2.2

Win XP SP2

McAfee Firewall/Virus Scan

 

The scan stopped at a different place every time, but it was always in the same section.

Here's the info for the last time:

 

Current Section: Scanning Files

Current Path: ...ore{D5341F9C-33F7-43CF-8BD2-1AE937C9BA1B}\RP527\

Current Object: A0061994.rbf

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007\logs\Ad-Aware 20070903 20-10-29.log.xml

 

How can I fix this problem?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm getting the same error. My set-up looks similar to yours (e.g. Ad-Aware 2007 (free) 7.0.2.2, WinXP SP2, McFee Firewall/Virus Scan via ComCast). Have you had any luck resolving this issue?

 

 

I downloaded web and definition updates today (09/03/07) before running a full scan. About halfway through the scan, my laptop froze and a window popped up that said Service Error: 6100 has occurred. Description: Lost connection with Ad-Aware service. Terminating gracefully. I restarted my laptop and have tried running a full scan several times since then, and I keep getting the same Error 6100 message. This is the first time I've had any problems with Ad-Aware 2007, and it happened after downloading updates.

 

Here's my info:

 

Ad-Aware 2007 (Free)

Version 7.0.2.2

Win XP SP2

McAfee Firewall/Virus Scan

 

The scan stopped at a different place every time, but it was always in the same section.

Here's the info for the last time:

 

Current Section: Scanning Files

Current Path: ...ore{D5341F9C-33F7-43CF-8BD2-1AE937C9BA1B}\RP527\

Current Object: A0061994.rbf

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007\logs\Ad-Aware 20070903 20-10-29.log.xml

 

How can I fix this problem?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I'm getting the same error. My set-up looks similar to yours (e.g. Ad-Aware 2007 (free) 7.0.2.2, WinXP SP2, McFee Firewall/Virus Scan via ComCast). Have you had any luck resolving this issue?

 

Hi xp1,

 

I just waited a few days and ran another full scan. It finished this time so I don't know what the problem was the other day. Hopefully, I won't see Error 6100 again. I'm sorry I don't have a solution for you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello. I also get the same message. Not only does this happen during the scan, but it happened when I first tried to download updates shortly after installing the program on my machine. I'm on Windows XP Home Edition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hello. I also get the same message. Not only does this happen during the scan, but it happened when I first tried to download updates shortly after installing the program on my machine. I'm on Windows XP Home Edition.
Make that four of us. I have another thread started with the same problem. This is obviously a bug, not a problem on our machines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this