Sign in to follow this  
SG Hollywood

Ad_aware 20047 Pro

email support has been no help, just telling me to uninstall and reinstall. I've done this several times already. When I try to start the program vista tells me the programs has stopped working and tries to find a solution but it doesn’t and the program won’t start.

Thanks

Do you want this solved or are going to stick with SE as per your later post?

I would like this solved Pierre67, I paid $40 for the PRO version to upgrade and I can't get support to give me a refund. I downloaded SE last night just so I have some sort of protection.

When I try to start the program vista tells me the programs has stopped working and tries to find a solution but it doesn’t and the program won’t start.

I have the same problem as SG Hollywood. I run Vista Business edition 32 bit version (and yes only for personal use) and have tried to download and run Ad-Aware 2007 Free 7.0.2.1. Installation succeeded but program won't run. I have downloaded the program three times and the .exe is ecactly the same all three times.

If it helps I use Eset Nod32 antivirus and the firewall included in the Windows package. I have not yet tried to inactivate them for security reasons.

Any help is useful! Thanks!

Do you get an errror message or does the program just not start?

Can you check the list of running processes in the Task Manager and see if the aawservice.exe is running?

Regards, Tobias

I purchased AdAware 2007 Plus and unfortunately I experience the same problem

as SG Hollywood. Have tried to uninstall/install (version 7.0.2.1)several times without success.

I'm running Vista Home Premium.

Has anyone managed to get this program to work properly?

I purchased AdAware 2007 Plus and unfortunately I experience the same problem

as SG Hollywood. Have tried to uninstall/install (version 7.0.2.1)several times without success.

I'm running Vista Home Premium.

Has anyone managed to get this program to work properly?

Here is the result when trying to start AdAware 2007.

It's in swedish, but it basically tells that the program has stopped working

due to a problem. Close the program.

post-37729-1190047858.jpg

Hello All,

Here is a suggestion from LS Tobias from the following Topic: Corrupted Install Of Adware 2007 Personal Edition, Unable to Install Adware 2007 on Vista

I would suggest uninstalling AAW 2007 first, then following the steps below, then trying a fresh install of AAW 2007.

First of all: are you running a 32 or 64 bit version of Vista? Ad-Aware 2007 currently only supports the 32 bit.

One reason that an installation on Vista fails can be that the installation does not have sufficient privileges on your system.

Follow these steps and see if that solves your problem:

• 1. In the Start Menu, go to 'All Programs' -> 'Accessories' -> Right Click on 'Command Prompt' and choose 'Run As...'
  • 2. In the 'Run As' window, choose to run as 'Administrator'
  • 3. In the command prompt that appears, type “cd C:\Windows\System32"
  • 4. Type "regsvr32 vbscript.dll"

Then try running the installation again.

Post back with how you get on.

Regards,

Spike

(NB: Should any of you experience uninstallation problems, please see this: can't Uninstall Ad-aware 2007)

Hello All,

Here is a suggestion from LS Tobias from the following Topic: Corrupted Install Of Adware 2007 Personal Edition, Unable to Install Adware 2007 on Vista

I would suggest uninstalling AAW 2007 first, then following the steps below, then trying a fresh install of AAW 2007.

Post back with how you get on.

Regards,

Spike

(NB: Should any of you experience uninstallation problems, please see this: can't Uninstall Ad-aware 2007)

I tried this proposal, but there is no difference from my earlier numerous trials. That is, I get the same problem as I told in my earlier post.

To be more specific - No problem with installing/uninstalling, but only when trying to run the program.

I'm running Vista Home Premium 32

I have the same problem

here is a copy of the error in the windows logbook:

- System

- Provider

[ Name] Application Error

- EventID 1000

[ Qualifiers] 0

Level 2

Task 100

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2007-09-18T17:53:18.000Z

EventRecordID 24168

Channel Application

Computer MoPau_PC

Security

- EventData

Ad-Aware2007.exe

46d2911d

unknown

c0000096

01023aa8

13f0

01c7fa1ccb0ff03b

Do you get an errror message or does the program just not start?

Can you check the list of running processes in the Task Manager and see if the aawservice.exe is running?

Regards, Tobias

(Screen shots from Vista Business in swedish)

post-37246-1190141351.png

Error message says AAW2007 Pro stopped working... I've downloaded AAW 2007 Free... ???

post-37246-1190141360.png

Service seems to be running properly...

post-37246-1190141371.png

Installation did not fail according to the screen...

Log book says "Felet uppstod i programmet Ad-Aware2007.exe, version 7.0.2.1, tidsstämpel 0x46d2911d, felet uppstod i modulen unknown, version 0.0.0.0, tidsstämpel 0x00000000, undantagskod 0xc0000096, felförskjutning 0x00163aa8, process-ID 0x1b8, programmets starttid 0x01c7fa2533cb784f."

If you don't like the language perhaps the information "Exception code 0xc0000096" is useful?

Edited by bjomo

I am running windows vista 32 and had, previously, successfully run Ad-aware 2007 on this PC. However since my PC crashed I am receiving error 1920 "aaware service failed to start. Ensure you have sufficient privileges". I am an administrator and I have tried the method above and also advised to run in passive mode but I cannot get past this error. Can anyone help?

Error message says AAW2007 Pro stopped working... I've downloaded AAW 2007 Free... ???

post-37246-1190141360.png

Service seems to be running properly...

I've discovered an entry in Windows Defender log about aawservice.exe not behaving properly... Tried to deactivate runtime protection but the error remains...

I have had the exact same problem one only one of my desktops. The two desktops are virtually a hardware match (other than a few extra hard drives and a TV tuner card on one) and a motherboard revision difference. They both have Vista Ultimate 32 bit installed. Software on both is virtually identical except as follows:

Software in failing machine not present on functioning workstation

------------------------------------------------------------------

EPSON Printer Software

EPSON Scan

Falcon 4.0: Allied Force

Windows Mobile Device Center

Software/Hardware on functioning machine not present on failing workstation

------------------------------------------------------------------

AVer MediaCenter

AVerMedia M780 PCIe Combo ATSC/QAM + NTSC 2.5.0.19 getPlus®_ocx (high def video tuner)

Java 6 Update 2

As has been mentioned prior - LavaSoft tech support has been unhelpful, other than to say uninstall, redownload AdAware, reinstall. I used the exact same install image for both desktops (from a network drive share), so I know the install image is ok.

All I can think is that it may be Windows Mobile Device Center. That shows up as a second Local Area Connection when the PDA is attached. I tried running AW with the PDA attached and not attached and it still refuses to run.

Windows logs show:

=========================

Faulting application Ad-Watch2007.exe, version 7.0.2.3, time stamp 0x46f8b8be, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp 0x00000000, exception code 0xc0000096, fault offset 0x00353aa8, process id 0x144c, application start time 0x01c801c8da4e9581.

Event ID: 1000

Level: Error

User: N/A

Task Category: (100)

Keywords: Classic

Faulting application Ad-Aware2007.exe, version 7.0.2.3, time stamp 0x46f8c997, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp 0x00000000, exception code 0xc0000096, fault offset 0x002e3aa8, process id 0xba0, application start time 0x01c801c8d5ebb451.

Event ID: 1000

Level: Error

User: N/A

Task Category: (100)

Keywords: Classic

Exception code 0xc0000096 is a Win32 STATUS_ PRIVILEGED_INSTRUCTION (0xC0000096) exception (or simply EXCEPTION_PRIV_INSTRUCTION

) meaning that the thread tried to execute an instruction whose operation is not allowed in the current machine mode. So this seems to fundamentally be a rights issue of some kind.

I have User Access Control turned off.

I tried setting all of the AW executables to Windows XP SP2 compatibility mode and that had no effect.

At a loss at this point.

Ok guys it seems we are all having problems of one sort or another mine is i have the pro which installed ok on vista but it it wont let me set up a daily scan you click add AND THEN NOTHING, any one know how to get it to set up a daily scan Cheers

Edited by barryG

It seems that the Windows Data Execution Protection (DEP) causes a conflict that makes Ad-Aware 2007 crash. If you have DEP turned on you will need to add Ad-Aware 2007 to the DEP exception list for it to run.

Regards, Tobias

It seems that the Windows Data Execution Protection (DEP) causes a conflict that makes Ad-Aware 2007 crash. If you have DEP turned on you will need to add Ad-Aware 2007 to the DEP exception list for it to run.

Regards, Tobias

Thanks, that really helped! Now it seems to be starting nicely. Let's find out tonight if it finds anything interesting on my HD...

Many thanks! /Bjomo

Regards, Tobias

Thank you. After adding Ad-Aware 2007 to the DEP exception list it works. :)

I am running windows XP Home Eddition and had, previously, successfully run Free Ad-aware 2007 on this PC. However since my PC crashed I am receiving error 1920 "aaware service failed to start. Ensure you have sufficient privileges". I am an administrator and I have tried the method above and also advised to run in passive mode but I cannot get past this error. Can anyone help?

Ta 2Raki2

Sign in to follow this