Sign in to follow this  
nzard

Error 1920: Ad Aware Service (aawservice) Failed To Start Message.

I also have to verify (no idea how) that I have sufficient privileges to start system service to go on with the installation. But I do logged on as an administrator so how can this happen and what can I do? I'm running on Win XP SP2. Anybody can help? Thanks in advance.

I also have to verify (no idea how) that I have sufficient privileges to start system service to go on with the installation. But I do logged on as an administrator so how can this happen and what can I do? I'm running on Win XP SP2. Anybody can help? Thanks in advance.

I'm having the same issue too. I tried finding the service in services.msc, but it's not there. How do I fix this?

Same problem for me. I tried the method described here:

http://www.raymond.cc/blog/archives/2007/0...g-installation/

but no success :) .

Also Adaware does not show up on services.

Please help

greetings

Mischaw

I guess still no attention from 'Lavasoft tech guy' (hehe...don't know how to put it) and we just have to wait till someone pay us attention....

I am having the same Error 1920 when trying to install Adaware Free version. Hello Adaware...are you there...? Are you reading these forums and responding to try to help the people who use your product? Hello? any body out there in Lavasoft land? :rolleyes:

Edited by jc1

I have PAID Ad-Aware and YET to get things ironed out . now getting error 1920 .. says I am NOT administrator . I AM .. this program has become a piece of kawp .. I am SO sorry that I bought it .. AND when it was working YESTERDAY . it did NOT find two AD WAREs found by 'on line scans' .. sooo I WANT MY MONEY BACK . this is crazy .. I totally removed my program . thus losing the EXTRA months given to me because I HAVE HAD so many problems .. NOW it says LESS . BUT will NOT open .. NO Ad Watch . AND every time I try to get in to download . .get 'wrong pw or email . HUH? .. KWAP I TELL YOU KWAP .. I wan the old SE back .. I have been paying for this program from DAY ONE ..

AAWSERVICES seems to be missing from what I can see .. I have NO clue how that happened from yesterday to today? .

Calamity Jane??? ..

Nellen17/aka L36Suds

Okay, I reformatted my PC and was also having the same problems everyone else described above. I kept getting the same error "verify sufficient privileges to start system service to go on with the installation".

I successfully reinstalled my Ad Aware 2007 by doing the following...

1. I uninstalled (Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs) all Ad Aware programs then deleted all Lavasoft folders from my hard drive (Program Files>Lavasoft).

2. Next, double click installer.

3. During install of Ad Aware 2007, the program asks if you want to either install for everyone that uses the computer or for (insert name). I selected, by placing the dot, next to my name.

I know this fix sounds noobish, but the program now works.

Edited by CenturionWarrior

I did the same as CenturionWarrior and deleted all the lavasoft folders from the Program file and also registry and it installed ok..

Okay, I reformatted my PC and was also having the same problems everyone else described above. I kept getting the same error "verify sufficient privileges to start system service to go on with the installation".

I successfully reinstalled my Ad Aware 2007 by doing the following...

1. I uninstalled (Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs) all Ad Aware programs then deleted all Lavasoft folders from my hard drive (Program Files>Lavasoft).

2. Next, double click installer.

3. During install of Ad Aware 2007, the program asks if you want to either install for everyone that uses the computer or for (insert name). I selected, by placing the dot, next to my name.

I know this fix sounds noobish, but the program now works.

Cheers centurion that worked a treat ;):rolleyes:

ya me too i had the same problem, I had done a system restore to a point pre-installation, which kept my lavasoft folders intact in my C:\Program Files\ folder. After deleting the lavasoft folder it installed easily. I was able to leave the option "for anyone using this computer" and i didn't need to go into the registry or anything else, just deleting the folder was enough.

but you should make sure you don't have any lavasoft programs installed in your add/remove programs found in "Start> Control Panel" before deleting the lavasoft folder otherwise you will probably make things worse.

Edited by someuser

ya me too i had the same problem, I had done a system restore to a point pre-installation, which kept my lavasoft folders intact in my C:\Program Files\ folder. After deleting the lavasoft folder it installed easily. I was able to leave the option "for anyone using this computer" and i didn't need to go into the registry or anything else, just deleting the folder was enough.

but you should make sure you don't have any lavasoft programs installed in your add/remove programs found in "Start> Control Panel" before deleting the lavasoft folder otherwise you will probably make things worse.

If you get error 1921 while trying to uninstall the old version lol, just CTRL-ALT-DEL (Control + Alt + Delete buttons at the same time) and click the PROCESSESS Tab and then find aawservice. Force close it and make sure it is closed. Then exit out of the processes manager and hit retry on the error popup message. This may be unneccasarry as the uninstall may automatically recommence. The reason is (that it can't uninstall) is that one of the old adaware processess is running in the backround, and the uninstall process thinks the program is still oopen which obv keeps it from working. Good luck everybody!

Edited by adawareismyhero

Hi, Go to RUN and type services.msc then ok

Double click ad-aware 2007

In general tab start up type AUTO

Now go to LOG ON and place check mark in allow service to interact with desk top

Then go down to Hardware Profile and double click disable to enable...

That my mate should do the trick..

Hope it helps.

Edited by andy b

:unsure: Well, the newbie had the right plan! Check users as yourself and it downloads like a dream... all that gook in the services.msc???? Ah, not so much!!!

Sign in to follow this