Sign in to follow this  
hgoffen

Corrupted Install Of Adware 2007 Personal Edition

I was running the prior edition of Adware both at home and at the office, when I saw the info for 2007. At the office, I have Windows XP, and was successful in installing Adware 2007 Personal Edition, but when I got home, and attempted to install it on my new Dell XPS, Vista equipped PC, although the install appeared to go well, at the very end of the install, I received a message that read it would not install because of it was corrupted or damaged. I tried a number of things including removing the software download and doing a new download, but nothing seems to work. The old Adware Personal Edition is still on my PC and it works fine, but what gives with the new version, 2007? Why won't it install?

First of all: are you running a 32 or 64 bit version of Vista? Ad-Aware 2007 currently only supports the 32 bit.

One reason that an installation on Vista fails can be that the installation does not have sufficient privileges on your system.

Follow these steps and see if that solves your problem:

1. In the Start Menu, go to 'All Programs' -> 'Accessories' -> Right Click on 'Command Prompt' and choose 'Run As...'

2. In the 'Run As' window, choose to run as 'Administrator'

3. In the command prompt that appears, type “cd C:\Windows\System32"

4. Type "regsvr32 vbscript.dll"

Then try running the installation again.

Regards, Tobias

Sign in to follow this