Sign in to follow this  
chasdool

No Support Whatsoever!

I have purchased the Ad-Ware 2007 Pro and installed it on my Desktop computer.

Since then the this freezes up when I run a scan and will not remove any bugs.

The this lists all the bugs but will not delete them and chashes whenever I tried

to delete them. The product is not working for almost a week. I sent emails and

no one responds. I tried to uninstall the porduct but it crashes each time.

WHAT KIND OF COMPANY IS THIS THAT DO NOT SUPPORT THEIR PRODUCT???

I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!! :P:D:wub::wub:

chasdool,

I have had to move both of your other "ranting" posts (in other peoples' threads) to this one: Rants Go Here

If you must post in other threads, please keep on topic and not use inflammatory language. Please see the Forum Rules:

At all times:

Keep all commentary civil, and be courteous at all times. Constructive criticism is welcome, but insults directed towards other users or the site admins will not be tolerated. Coarse/insulting language will not be tolerated.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, as to your own problems. What version of Windows are you using (XP SP2, Vista 32 ...)?

I tried to uninstall the product but it crashes each time.

What exact error message are you getting, when it crashes? If is Error 1720/1722, please see this FAQ: How do I resolve the "Error 1722" problem?

If it still won't uninstall try downloading the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility from here and run that.

Since then the this freezes up when I run a scan and will not remove any bugs .... The product is not working for almost a week. I sent emails and no one responds.

The Support Center has quite a backlog at present - apart from a possible automated reply such as "Your email been received and will be answered as soon as possible", you are unlikely to get a same-day response.

No matter how frustrated you may be feeling, sending multiple, identical or abusive emails only adds to the backlog for Support to wade through to get to the actual requests for assistance.

You are unlikely to appreciate this, but some patience is required - I have recent personal experience with Support (as well as confirmations from those that I have been assisting here in the forum) - whilst the first response may take a few days, the problem is usually solved shortly afterwards. Keep all emails in a single "chain" so that all information is available to whoever is helping you.

When emailing Support, make sure that you give them as much detail as possible, including what actions you were trying to take when the various crashes occurred, what other anti-virus/firewall/anti-spyware programs that you are running, etc. This will all be useful in pinning down what your particular problem is.

Regards,

Spike

One final thought - if you are running 32-bit Vista, once you have managed to uninstall AAW 2007 Pro, try running the following:

One reason that an installation on Vista fails can be that the installation does not have sufficient privileges on your system.

Follow these steps and see if that solves your problem:

1. In the Start Menu, go to 'All Programs' -> 'Accessories' -> Right Click on 'Command Prompt' and choose 'Run As...'

2. In the 'Run As' window, choose to run as 'Administrator'

3. In the command prompt that appears, type “cd C:\Windows\System32"

4. Type "regsvr32 vbscript.dll"

Then try running the installation again.

I am still waiting for a reply from SUPPORT, for an email back in JUNE, how is that for "patience", and perhaps a lot of people have missed the ponit, WHY is there such a back log of requests for help.

kevscs,

In your own Topic Refund, you said:

requested a refund on 13/06/07, on the 14/06/07 I was emailed and told a refund will be issued, it may take up to 30 days, well guys that time has been and gone, and I am now being charged interset on my credit card purchase, it would seem that Lavasoft does not deliver on any of thier statements, is anyone else having this same issue ?

That was 3 hours after (and directly below) arcane's post (on 24 July), that he/she had received a refund without any problems:

log in and contact support via this site and request refund with your reasons,thats what i did and they refunded no probs

If your refund hadn't arrived within the 30 days, then I would presume that you replied to that Support email asking what was going on.

When I advise patience, I mean wait a week, or maybe two - not months B)

Much as we volunteers would like to help resolve any/all frustration being expressed here, we have absolutely no access to your license data or account details - only Support, being actual Lavasoft staff, can access that.

Regards,

Spike

kevscs,

In your own Topic Refund, you said:

That was 3 hours after (and directly below) arcane's post (on 24 July), that he/she had received a refund without any problems:

If your refund hadn't arrived within the 30 days, then I would presume that you replied to that Support email asking what was going on.

When I advise patience, I mean wait a week, or maybe two - not months :)

Much as we volunteers would like to help resolve any/all frustration being expressed here, we have absolutely no access to your license data or account details - only Support, being actual Lavasoft staff, can access that.

Regards,

Spike

If you want ot start quoteing previous emails, how about doing it right, and go back further and find the the email requesting HELP, when there was no answer I then requested a refund, and am STILL waiting for an OFFICAL attempt to do so, support and or the accounts dept has fallen off the end of the planet.

If you are not getting replies to support center requests, it could be that your ISP is blocking our email. We have had a number of cases where we cannot get a reply out because the customer's ISP block the email as spam or other.

Try using a different email address using the Support page at the bottom to *Update your email address* and follow the instruction.

Those with a paid subscription to Ad-Aware who have changed e-mail addresses since purchasing the product, please fill out this form.

http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcen...st_password.php

Skip the top part to request a password and scroll down to this one on that page:

Updating Your Registered E-mail Address

I will meantime send a private message to both of you use to contact support, but do try using a different email address in case that is the problem (your ISP blocks our emails)

If you are not getting replies to support center requests, it could be that your ISP is blocking our email. We have had a number of cases where we cannot get a reply out because the customer's ISP block the email as spam or other.

Try using a different email address using the Support page at the bottom to *Update your email address* and follow the instruction.

Those with a paid subscription to Ad-Aware who have changed e-mail addresses since purchasing the product, please fill out this form.

http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcen...st_password.php

Skip the top part to request a password and scroll down to this one on that page:

Updating Your Registered E-mail Address

I will meantime send a private message to both of you use to contact support, but do try using a different email address in case that is the problem (your ISP blocks our emails)

What private email? I did not get a private email address from you. Did you forget to send it?

I DID NOT change my email address. It is STILL the same registered email address with Lavasoft. I will not

change my email address because that has nothing to do with my problem. I AM STILL STUCK. I have

written several emails describing the problem and the specifications for my computer.

chasdool,

I have had to move both of your other "ranting" posts (in other peoples' threads) to this one: Rants Go Here

If you must post in other threads, please keep on topic and not use inflammatory language. Please see the Forum Rules:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, as to your own problems. What version of Windows are you using (XP SP2, Vista 32 ...)?

What exact error message are you getting, when it crashes? If is Error 1720/1722, please see this FAQ: How do I resolve the "Error 1722" problem?

If it still won't uninstall try downloading the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility from here and run that.

The Support Center has quite a backlog at present - apart from a possible automated reply such as "Your email been received and will be answered as soon as possible", you are unlikely to get a same-day response.

No matter how frustrated you may be feeling, sending multiple, identical or abusive emails only adds to the backlog for Support to wade through to get to the actual requests for assistance.

You are unlikely to appreciate this, but some patience is required - I have recent personal experience with Support (as well as confirmations from those that I have been assisting here in the forum) - whilst the first response may take a few days, the problem is usually solved shortly afterwards. Keep all emails in a single "chain" so that all information is available to whoever is helping you.

When emailing Support, make sure that you give them as much detail as possible, including what actions you were trying to take when the various crashes occurred, what other anti-virus/firewall/anti-spyware programs that you are running, etc. This will all be useful in pinning down what your particular problem is.

Regards,

Spike

One final thought - if you are running 32-bit Vista, once you have managed to uninstall AAW 2007 Pro, try running the following:

I have NOT been ranting!! I DID NOT use ANY abusive language to ANYONE!!! All I am requesting is Support and up

to this point I have had NONE. If you would like me to give your product a favorable recomendation, then I

suggest you provide support in a timely manner. I EXPECT TIMELY SUPPORT!! NOT 2 WEEKS LATER!!!

What private email? I did not get a private email address from you. Did you forget to send it?

Private Message (not private email), sometimes referred to as a "PM", is via the forum software here.

In the forum *Help* section there is additional info about the use of Your Personal Messenger

here in the forums area

I sent you a private message via the Personal Messenger here in the forum on Sept 19. To see it select the *New Messages* link at the top of the page.

This forum is separate from the Support Center . This forum is for user-to-user peer support and discussion. The Support Center is where users of the paid Lavasoft Products may request one on one assistance with the Lavasoft Support Team.

Please do not "shout" (using all caps is considered rude and *shouting*) at our volunteers who are replying here and trying to help you.

Sign in to follow this