Sign in to follow this  
timmy toad

Error 1722

hi all, any one got any ideas with my problem please, emails to "support" have fell on deaf ears !

i simply try to install Adaware 2007 Plus, but it stops with an "error 1722" .

tim

Hi tim,

Please see this AAW 2007 FAQ: How do I resolve the "Error 1722"

Regards,

Spike

PS: What version of windows are you running?

cheers spike, i got an email from support HQ today, giving me a couple of Microsoft Links, i downloaded and installed both of them, it made absolutely no difference at all, although the error message took a lot longer to pop up !.

i then saw your very helpfull suggestions above and had a go at that as well, still no difference !!!!!!!,

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows Script Host\Settings\Enabled

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows Script Host\Settings\Enabled

I see that one of these doesnt exsist at all, i click to Add but all it does is creates a new folder ????

thanks for trying spike, btw, i have XP !

tim

Edited by timmy toad

Hi tim,

Not sure what else to suggest. Maybe one of your previous install attempts has left some bits behind.

Now that you have followed the FAQ steps, try downloading the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility from here and run that. Clean out any traces of Ad-Aware, then try installing again...

Regards,

Spike

Hi tim,

Not sure what else to suggest. Maybe one of your previous install attempts has left some bits behind.

Now that you have followed the FAQ steps, try downloading the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility from here and run that. Clean out any traces of Ad-Aware, then try installing again...

Regards,

Spike

hi spike

i have just realised the registry entries i have, referred to above, are not exactly the same on my computer. i will get back here when i have more time, ta.

tim

Sign in to follow this