Sign in to follow this  
nzard

System Error: 1814 Has Occured. Description: Could Not Login To Service. --> Does Anybody Experienced This?

Hi dreamodulator,

Firstly, please see this AAW 2007 FAQ, which may resolve your problem: How do I resolve the "Error 1800" problem?

To solve the problem you experienced, you will need to remove a possibly corrupt settings file for Ad-Aware 2007. To do this:

• Open explorer and navigate to the file. The file is usually stored in "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007.? If you cannot find the folder please set your explorer to show hidden files. (To do this: open explorer, go to the "Tools" menu and click "Folder Options." Select the "View" tab and choose "Show Hidden Files" under "Hidden Files and Folders".)
  • The file to remove is called "settings.aaw". Please be sure not to delete any other files.
  • Restart your computer. Ad-Aware will start as normal.

If it does, you will need to go back into the Settings section to re-set any changes you may have made to the default settings.

If not, make sure that you are using the latest version of AAW 2007 - if you are using the AAW 2007 Free, then download the latest version (7.0.2.3) from here, uninstall the present version and install v7.0.2.3.

Should you have either of the licensed versions (Plus or Pro), then log into the Support Center and download your version from there.

If the error 1814 persist (Could not login to Service), then please try these steps as suggested by LS Tobias:

Try manually restarting the service by following these steps:

• 1. go to the start menu, click 'Run...' and type 'services.msc'
  • 2. in the services window, locate 'Ad-Aware 2007 Service', select it and click 'Stop'
  • 3. when the service is stopped, click 'Start'
  • 4. When the service is running, try starting Ad-Aware 2007 again.

aaw2007___services.msc_1.gif

Post back with how you get on.

Regards,

Spike

Thanks, I will try this although I'm not sure what version I'm using sinci I couldn't open my Ad Aware now (from the 1814 error)

If it does, you will need to go back into the Settings section to re-set any changes you may have made to the default settings.

What does this mean? :)

In my post above, I quoted the FAQ for the 1800 Error, which relates to a possibly corrupt AAW 2007 Settings File:

• Open explorer and navigate to the file. The file is usually stored in "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007.? If you cannot find the folder please set your explorer to show hidden files. (To do this: open explorer, go to the "Tools" menu and click "Folder Options." Select the "View" tab and choose "Show Hidden Files" under "Hidden Files and Folders".)
  • The file to remove is called "settings.aaw". Please be sure not to delete any other files.
  • Restart your computer. Ad-Aware will start as normal.

Then in relation to the "settings.aaw" removal, if that fixes your problem, open AAW 2007 and the settings will all have been reset to the Default (ie: the same at initial installation) - if you had customized them, then go through them again selecting any changes to the default that you may wish. The Settings options is are in the bottom-left tab in the main AAW 2007 interface.

Regards,

Spike

this has to be the biggest load of ###### ever!!!

they seriously expect people to pay $29 or whatever for this - what a joke!

I get the message containing "1814" over and over again. This bunch of amateurs ought to learn how to program before they put products out on the market.

Then I spend forever trying to connect to this forum; the so called support?

Of course I'm going to say what is the fix? But really - lavasoft should fix this if they want to keep their customers; I really cannot afford to spend hours sorting out their software with some kind of workaround.

I need clear, concise instruction please, if anyone has an answer that is?

many thanks!

:unsure:

this has to be the biggest load of ###### ever!!!

they seriously expect people to pay $29 or whatever for this - what a joke!

I get the message containing "1814" over and over again. This bunch of amateurs ought to learn how to program before they put products out on the market.

Then I spend forever trying to connect to this forum; the so called support?

Of course I'm going to say what is the fix? But really - lavasoft should fix this if they want to keep their customers; I really cannot afford to spend hours sorting out their software with some kind of workaround.

I need clear, concise instruction please, if anyone has an answer that is?

many thanks!

^_^

I tried deleting the settings file, stopping and starting the services & got the latest 7.0.2.3 version, but guess what? - I still get the "1814" message!

What Next? :unsure:

Hi dreamodulator,

Firstly, please see this AAW 2007 FAQ, which may resolve your problem: How do I resolve the "Error 1800" problem?

If not, make sure that you are using the latest version of AAW 2007 - if you are using the AAW 2007 Free, then download the latest version (7.0.2.3) from here, uninstall the present version and install v7.0.2.3.

Should you have either of the licensed versions (Plus or Pro), then log into the Support Center and download your version from there.

If the error 1814 persist (Could not login to Service), then please try these steps as suggested by LS Tobias:

post-4454-1191639096.gif

Post back with how you get on.

Regards,

Spike

Okay, here's my report....

I still got the 1814 error and not able to open Ad Aware BUT after 2nd attempt to open it, I managed to do that. But I'm unable to update (not all the time, meaning sometimes I can update) and I NOW get the error 6100! When I Googled it, apparently a lot of people get the 1814 and 6100 errors. What is happening here? Why there is so much flaws in this version of Ad Aware? And yes, I do have latest version (7.0.2.3).

Sign in to follow this