• Announcements

• Andrew Browne

Support for other products than adaware, ad block and Web Companion

Support for the following products is handled by the Lavasoft support team: Lavasoft Tuneup Kit Lavasoft PC Optimizer Lavasoft Driver Updater Lavasoft Registry Tuner Lavasoft Privacy Toolbox Lavasoft File Shredder Lavasoft Digital Lock

For help with these products, contact the support team here: http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter/

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LS SteveJ

During An Ad-aware Scan I Get A Bluescreen And My Computer Restarts... What Is Wrong?

1 post in this topic

During an Ad-Aware scan, your computer may crash with a bluescreen and the system restarts.

This is most likely due to system instability created when a malware integrates tightly into the operating system, making it difficult to remove.

As this problem maybe specific to your system, you should follow the steps in "My Computer is Infected, what

should I do?"

Here is a list of malware known to cause this problem including a general description of its behaviour

• Virtumonde (a.k.a Vund Trojan)
    • Annoying Winfixer pop-ups when browsing (Sysdefender the latest incarnation)

• Opens site to www.amaena.com

• Redirects searches from address bar

[*]Solution: Lavasoft is currently developing a generic Virtumonde removal tool, but for now, you should follow the comprehensive instructions from DSL Reports here

If you have scanned your system for all these malwares, and you believe your system is clean, but you are still experiencing a bluescreen during scanning, then you should continue to this topic