Sign in to follow this  
geo g

Ad-aware 2007 System Error: 1810 Has Occured. Description: Service Is Not Online. Application Terminates.

Ad-aware 2007 System error: 1810 has occured. Description: Service is not online. Application terminates.

Ad-aware 2007 Service stopped working and was closed.

An application caused the application to stop working correctly.Windows will notify you if a solution is available.

I have installed Ad-aware 2007 free version and as my title says , it runs on full scan for so long then stops responding

Ive uninstalled and reinstalled a few times but the problem still occurs.

Ad-aware 2007 v.7.0.2.3

any ideas

cheers

geo g

edit: ive opened services on windows vista and started Ad-aware and set to automatic but still the same problem

Edited by geo g

Hi geo g and seagullsovergrimsby,

You could try the advice given LS Tobias to a Vista user with similar error messages (but did not specify an error number)here:

This might be an issue with the Data Execution Protection in Windows.

• 1. From the Windows Vista default Start menu, right-click Computer, and then click Properties.
  • 2. Click Advanced system settings.
  • 3. In the User Account Control dialog box, click Continue.
  • 4. In the Advanced window, in the Performance section, click Settings.
  • 5. In the Performance Options window, click the Data Execution Protection (DEP) tab.
  • If DEP is turned on for all programs, add Ad-Aware2007.exe and LSUpdateManager.exe to the exception list (and, if you are a paying customer, Ad-Watch, Host File Editor and Process Watch).

Post back if you still experience problems.

Regards,

Spike

PS: An afterthought - neither of you said whether you are running 32-bit Vista or 64-bit - only 32-bit Vista is currently supported by AAW 2007, with a 64-bit compatible version due out in the next couple of months.

Hi, same thing is happening to me - but running Windows XP Pro Service Pack 2...

I downloaded the program and ran it on my laptop with no problem, and the install also uninstalled my SE version... Runs perfect... Did the same on my desktop, all was perfect, ran a scan... now that I have rebooted my PC I get the Error 1810 box up and I can't start the program at all.

Any further ideas..?

Thank you...

philip

Hi philip,

The 1810 error indicates that the Service (aawservice.exe) has been stopped and therefore AAW 2007, which is dependent on the Service cannot run.

Lets see if you can get a scan to run this way:

• Close Ad-Aware 2007
  • Go to the start menu, click 'Run...' and type in 'services.msc'
  • In the services window, locate 'Ad-Aware 2007 Service', select it and click 'Stop'
  • Once the service has been stopped, click on "Start"
  • Then re-open Ad-Aware 2007 and try running a scan

aaw2007___services.msc_1.gif

Post back with the result.

Regards,

Spike

Hi philip & seagullsovergrimsby,

Glad to hear it - happy surfing :)

Regards,

Spike

I have a purchased Ad-AWARE 1007-pro running on a DELL Inspirion 8600 under WinXP-Pro -- that is, running happily since I bought it - until today... then this error 1810 (thread title)

Your solution has no effect on my system. I still get the 1810 on trying tp start-up AA2007

In fact, your solution doesn't appear to be quite the same on my system - AdAware is already stopped in the services.msc dialog

Help, Bonnyjars

Hi Bonnyjars,

Since the aawservice.exe is already stopped using services.msc, please try using the same method but just to Start the Service. If that works, try opening/scanning with AAW 2007.

Please post back whether that works, or whether you still get an error message.

Regards,

Spike

Hi Bonnyjars,

Since the aawservice.exe is already stopped using services.msc, please try using the same method but just to Start the Service. If that works, try opening/scanning with AAW 2007.

Please post back whether that works, or whether you still get an error message.

Regards,

Spike

Hey Spike,

I experienced the same thing. After installing, running a scan, and restarting the computer, AA2007 will not open. I followed the instructions you posted on services.msc, and when I hit start, the following popped up:

Could not start the Ad-Aware 2007 Service service on Local Computer.

Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

Thanks,

Veotis

Hi veotis,

You haven't said what your OS is - depending on the answer, there are different suggestions for a problem which may relate to access privileges for the Service.

Firstly, uninstall AAW 2007 (either through the Start Menu using the Uninstaller in the LS/AAW folder, or through Add/Remove Programs), them would you please try the following:

If you are running Windows 2000 or XP, please try the following:

1) Go to "Start > Programs > Accessories" and click on Command Prompt

Type cd C:\Windows\System32 then hit Enter

Type regsvr32 vbscript.dll then hit Enter - You should get a "successful" message.

If you are running Vista, please try the following (please note that official support for Vista64 is not yet available):

The suggested solution for Vista64:

Start Menu -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Right Click on Command Prompt -> Run As Administrator.

Type cd C:\Windows\SysWOW64

Type regsvr32 vbscript.dll then hit Enter

(If you don't do Run as Administrator, the regsvr32 will fail. Also, be careful to run the command in SysWOW64, not System32! System32 on a 64-bit system actually contains the 64-bit system libraries. The 32-bit versions are in SysWOW64.)

Then reinstall AAW 2007 and try again - if it works, then please reboot your PC and try again. Does AAW 2007 behave now, or do you still have problems?

If so, please see my post at the end of this Topic: Ad-aware Installation Failed

and follow the steps regarding the "Log On" tab in the Service's Properties.

Post back with how you get on.

Regards,

Spike

Hi Spike,

I'm sorry that I forgot to mention I was using XP Home with Service Pack 2. After I posted the previous question, I finally think I have resolved the problem. I could not uninstall it through the uninstall feature or through add/remove. I went straight to the file itself (programs/lavasoft/adaware2007) and deleted each file individually. I re-installed everything from the link in the e-mail I was given when I purchased the product. I followed another post about selecting who was gonna use the program, and checked it just for me. We'll see how this holds up. Thanks for the help....

Veotis

Hi veotis,

Hope that it works out for you.

Please post back, should you encounter any more problems.

Regards,

Spike

Hi veotis,

Hope that it works out for you.

Please post back, should you encounter any more problems.

Regards,

Spike

Hi Spike,

I also facing problem with the Ad-Aware 2007 (i'm using the free version). The problem started only after i run my second update. Presently, it cannot start ( giving error message : 1814), cannot be uninstall at all and some of the files cannot be deleted at all

Highly appreciate your advice to solve this. For your info, im using Windows XP Professional service pack 2.

Best regards.

AR75

Hi AR75,

Firstly go to "Start > Run" and type in aawservice.exe and make sure that the Ad-Aware 2007 Service has been stopped.

Then, if you still have problems with uninstalling your current product, please download the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility from here and run that. In the list of programs detected by the WICU, locate any reference to Ad-Aware and select it, then click on "Remove".

Then navigate to the following folders and delete anything left behind (these are the default paths - if you changed the installation path, then use that path):

• C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007\
  • C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Lavasoft

Finally, download Ad-Aware 2007 v7.0.2.3 and try a clean install.

Regards,

Spike

I too am having problems with Error 1814. I have uninstalled it and loaded 7.0.2.3 and still get the same error. It comes after I tell it to remove the "cookies" after a scan. :lol:

I am running Windows XP SP2 and have administrator rights. Any ideas?

Sincerely,

Chill

Edited by Chill

Spike's fix didn't work on my system (Vista) but I found something that may be even better if you have Vista too. I started getting the 1810 error when I turned User Account Control back on. I had turned it off the first day I got my new PC because all the pop-up windows were irritating but I just turned it back on to see if I can get used to it. I found that simply right-clicking the program and clicking "Run as administrator" started Ad-Aware right up. But I also noticed something that I think is an added advantage to doing it this way: Some have complained that Ad-Aware 2007 requires a service to be running even when you aren't running the program itself. It shows up in Task Manager as aawservice.exe. Like many others, I don't like stuff running in the background unless it's really needed. But I noticed that with UAC enabled, that job is not running until you start Ad-Aware. When you right-click on the program (I have a AdAware icon on my desktop), and click on "Run as administrator, it starts that program up and also Ad-Aware itself. When you shut down Ad-Aware, aawservice.exe will still show up in Task Manager but you can shut it down if you like. But it won't be on until you run Ad-Aware which I like.

If there is any disadvantage to doing this, please advise.

I tried the start>run>services.msc and ad-aware shows STOPPED. When I select start, it says ERROR 1067. I didn't see any fixes for a 1067. Help!

Hello Spike,

I had the same problem and did that:

Firstly, uninstall AAW 2007 (either through the Start Menu using the Uninstaller in the LS/AAW folder, or through Add/Remove Programs), them would you please try the following:

If you are running Windows 2000 or XP, please try the following:

1) Go to "Start > Programs > Accessories" and click on Command Prompt

Type cd C:\Windows\System32 then hit Enter

Type regsvr32 vbscript.dll then hit Enter - You should get a "successful" message.

Then reinstall AAW 2007 and try again - if it works, then please reboot your PC and try again. Does AAW 2007 behave now, or do you still have problems?

Now AAW 2007 seems to run. But I'd like to know why the error message appears and what the fix you described effects. It's a little unusual to make a software run this way after installation, isn't it?

Thank you and regards,

Anselm

Edited by Anselm

Hi Anselm,

My apologies for the late reply - I have been very busy elsewhere...

Please see this "pinned post", Regarding The Service, which explains the approach taken with the completely new AAW2007 ( as opposed to the previous upgrades of the AAW SE technology).

AAW2007 is a service-based program, meaning that (to quote a post in that thread) since it runs as NT AUTHORITY/SYSTEM, that it has some permissions that are higher even than an Administrator.

The "fix" that I posted above was suggested elsewhere by one of the Devs, to allow the setup of a particular system throwing that error-message to then run at the required level.

Regards,

Spike

You're welcome Anselm,

It is a little above my own Windows knowledge also ;)

All I can add is that if you run general User Accounts (as well as a sperate Admin Account) malware will have a much harder task in infecting the core of your system.

Regards,

Spike