Sign in to follow this  
hornett

Losing Username And Password

I have Ad-Aware 2007, ver 7.0.2.3 free product......every time i run scan and delete the items the scan found and then log back onto the internet using Internet Explorer 6.0 my user names and passwords are gone and I have to relog onto my home page, etc............whats goes? The older version of Ad-Aware I had didn't do this.

The only thing I can think of is that Ad-aware is clearing your cookies. Which then resets your logged in status.

Other than that have you checked the box that says "Remember Me" on those pages?

Hi hornett,

You may have TrackSweep set to clear Cookies - open AAW 2007, click on the "Tools & Plug-ins" tab and then select "TrackSweep":

TrackSweep_Options___AAW_2007_2.gif

To stop this from happening, de-select (red cross) the Cookies option for whichever of the browsers listed that you use.

Regards,

Spike

The only thing I can think of is that Ad-aware is clearing your cookies. Which then resets your logged in status.

Other than that have you checked the box that says "Remember Me" on those pages?

Yep its clearing cookies............guess that the problem...........however........I had the version just before this one,,,,,,,,,,,,used it for years..........it cleared cookies but not the ones associated with passwords.............wonder why the change

Hi hornett,

Ad-Aware SE didn't have the history-cleaning facilities of TrackSweep, which is included in the new AAW 2007. AAW SE simply detected all cookies, no matter whether they were necessary cookies or tracking cookies (unwelcome critters).

You can still use all of the functions of Tracksweep, as long as you first put the "desired" cookies into "Ignore". Having done that, Tracksweep would clear out the rest of your history (depending on the settings you may make, as in the screen shot above), but would not touch anything that you had previously "Ignored".

Regards

Spike

Sign in to follow this