Sign in to follow this  
smurfie72ca

Adaware 2007 and windows vista ultimate

I have windows vista ultimate edition and I can't open adaware 2007. Every time I try windows closes it and a message pops up saying "ad-Aware 2007 has stopped working A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windoes will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." there's a button that says close program and when I do a bubble pops up saying something about DEP data execution prevention. I went in to the DEP settings in windows and chose Turn on DEP for essential windows programs and services only. since doing that I no longer ge the bubble about DEP but the prog still won't work. I have also tried running it as administrator. Anyone else having this problem and found a solution?

Smurfie,

I would suggest that you completely uninstall ad-ware and then run a disk cleanup (Click on the Vista Orb>Run>and type in cleanmgr and press enter) and click on "Files from all users on this computer". Once finished, reboot. Download a FRESH copy of Ad-aware 2007 from here.

Please tell me if that fixed the problem. If it didn't there might be something more serious going on with your computer. Hopefully there isn't though.

-Michael

Ad-Aware 2007 Beta Tester and Support

Edited by 0vermind

Sign in to follow this