Sign in to follow this  
anwaypasible

cannot remove ad aware 2007

there is no listing of ad aware in the add/remove programs list.

why the program installed with no uninstaller i dont know.. but i want the program off my computer.

what steps do i have to take to remove the free version?

Hi anwaypasible

Click on Start / Programs / Lavasoft / Ad-Aware 2007 / Uninstall.

If you don't have this menu either, there possibly was a problem during installation.

Please try to re-install / de-install.

Bye

Michel

Edited by Michel R.

Hi anwaypasible,

Should there be no Ad-Aware un-installer in the Ad-Aware program group (C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007\Uninstall Ad-Aware 2007) or any listing in the usual Add/Remove program list, please download the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility from here. In the list of programs detected by the WICU, locate any reference to Ad-Aware and select it, then click on "Remove".

Finally, navigate to firstly C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007\ and then to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007\ and delete any remaining files/folders.

Regards,

Spike

Hi anwaypasible,

Should there be no Ad-Aware un-installer in the Ad-Aware program group (C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007\Uninstall Ad-Aware 2007) or any listing in the usual Add/Remove program list, please download the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility from here. In the list of programs detected by the WICU, locate any reference to Ad-Aware and select it, then click on "Remove".

Finally, navigate to firstly C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007\ and then to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007\ and delete any remaining files/folders.

Regards,

Spike

thank you very much for your reply.. unfortunately adaware wasnt listed using the program you linked me to.

Hi anwaypasible,

OK - thanks for the prompt response.

If there is no no Ad-Aware un-installer in the Ad-Aware program group (C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007\Uninstall Ad-Aware 2007) - for example, click on Start > Programs > Lavasoft > Ad-Aware 2007 > Uninstall Ad-Aware 2007 and continue from there.

If not, then re-install Ad-Aware 2007 as advised by Michel (above).

As it installs, you may find that it detects your current installation and requests permission to uninstall - click to accept this.

Once re-installed, you should be able to uninstall in the usual way.

Regards,

Spike

Sign in to follow this