Sign in to follow this  
frimlin

AdAware 2007 won't remove detected items

I have completed 3 scans on Windows XP sp2 system and Ad-Aware 2007 has detected 702 infections, none critical. Even though I have chosen to remove all of the infections, Ad-Aware has only removed 495.

The last scan I tried several times to remove items and Ad-Aware kept returning me back to the place where I needed to select the items to remove, but it never removed the items (all cookies, but still). Is this a bug? Thanks.

Thats a very good question, does Ad-Aware 2007 not remove every item it can detect?

Well, thanks for agreeing that it's a good question. Hopefully someone will answer it. The help system is no help at all as it doesn't address this issue.

Would love to know if there is information anywhere on setting up this program to run efficiently and effectively.

OK, I just tried again and this time all items were deleted. It's a slow process as Ad-Aware counts them down 1 at a time as they are being removed. Good grief.

Problem solved for now.

OK, I just tried again and this time all items were deleted. It's a slow process as Ad-Aware counts them down 1 at a time as they are being removed. Good grief.

Problem solved for now.

I have had the same exact problem, and it's frustrating! It says there were 3814 infections detected, and only 991 were removed! I've tried many times to remove them, but it stops and says it is unable to do that. It's so annoying because I updated the software a couple of weeks ago. It worked fine for years before the update and now it's pretty much useless. Anyone have any ideas on how I can get this to work again? I have the free version, by the way. Thanks.

Hi all,

Today's malware can interfere with Ad-Aware's ability to run or remove items, depending on what it was infected with and how many malware items were found.

First, try stopping the scan after a limited number of critical objects found (say, 200) and then choose to quarantine the found items. Then scan again and remove more. It may take more than one run with Ad-Aware to delete everything. Be sure to restart your computer after quarantining items with Ad-Aware, since difficult to remove items may need to be removed upon restart. Also, when you have an infected computer and are trying to remove with Ad-Aware running the scan while in SAFE MODE can help ease the process.

Windows XP

Reboot your computer in Safe Mode.

• If the computer is running, shut down Windows, and then turn off the power.
  • Wait 30 seconds, and then turn the computer on.
  • Start tapping the F8 key. The Windows Advanced Options Menu appears. If you begin tapping the F8 key too soon, some computers display a "keyboard error" message. To resolve this, restart the computer and try again.
  • Ensure that the Safe Mode option is selected.
  • Press Enter. The computer then begins to start in Safe mode.
  • Login on your usual account.

…………………………………….

Windows 2000

Boot into Safe Mode.

• When you see the black-and-white Starting Windows bar at the bottom of the screen, start tapping the F8 key. The Windows Advanced Options Menu appears. If you begin tapping the F8 key too soon, some computers display a "keyboard error" message. To resolve this, restart the computer and try again.

…………………….

Windows 9x and ME

Reboot your computer in Safe Mode.

• As the computer starts, press and hold down the F8 key until the 98/ME Startup Menu appears.

However, in the case above of over 3,000 infected objects - you may need more help than Ad-Aware can swallow at one time. May I suggest you please post a log in the "Help I've Been infected forum" and follow these directions to do so:

http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?showtopic=13639

Sign in to follow this