Sign in to follow this  
pstein

New defintions file location not recognized ?

I installed version 7.0.2.5 of AdAware 2007.

Afterwards I copied the whole folder tree from

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007

to

D:\security\testantispyware\lavasoft adaware\mysettings\

The I set in WebUpdate->Settings->User defintions file

the new location

At last I restarted AdWare.

Much to my surprise Adaware does not recognize the settings and defintions location switch

Adware tells me something about corrupt defintions file

Yes, I clicked "Save" after I entered the new location. One of the curios things is If I

browse again for the defintions file then the dialog starts again in the installation folder of AdAware and not - as expected - in the last set location INSTALLDIR\mysettings\

Whats wrong?

Why can't I see the whole entry field for the defintions file? Normally the user can set the cursor into such an entry field and move to the right to see the full path + file name. This is not possible in Adaware. Why?

How can I switch otherwise the location ?

Is passing the defintions file dir through command line possible ?

Peter

Edited by pstein

Hi Peter,

AAW 2007 is a "service-based program - please see this "pinned post" Regarding The Service.

Unless you have a compelling reason for changing the default path for Defs, Logs and Settings files, I would strongly recommend that you leave them as is. As to why the new location is not recognised, I personally am not qualified to say except that there are definite reasons for this path being "All Users".

Is passing the defintions file dir through command line possible ?

Please see the Product Comparison Chart for details on which version of Ad-Aware 2007 supports command-line instructions.

Regards,

Spike

Sign in to follow this