Sign in to follow this  
rblodgett@crvisions.com

An unhandled exception occured at 0x1004E711 in aawservice.exe

:) I have a real problem. I can't even get AdAware to do the scan. I keep coming up with an error message (below) is anyone else having this problem?

Exception Code : 0xc0000006

Client version : 0.669

Attached Debugger : 0

Same thing happened to me and contiues to happen every time I try to run the program.

My version is 7.0.2.5

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rick

;) I have a real problem. I can't even get AdAware to do the scan. I keep coming up with an error message (below) is anyone else having this problem?

Exception Code : 0xc0000006

Client version : 0.669

Attached Debugger : 0

I have been having the same problem with the free version of Ad-Aware 2007. While scanning (all scan types) I get an error message that reads as follows "An unhandled exception occurred at 0x1004e711 in aawservice.exe", and a window opens and asks me to send a crash report to lavasoft and they will investigate and get back with me. I have sent approx. 6 reports and have not recvd a response. This starts about half way thru a scan and appears to lock up. I have to ctrl+alt+delete to get program to shutdown. The current path at the time of error is C:\programfiles\microsoftworks and the current object is himhbus.gif. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled software but get the same error. Please help!!

surely we can't be the only users with this problem. Does anyone out there know of a fix for this problem? Ad-Aware is useless and I might as well remove it from my computer!!! I believe this problem has definetely swayed my decision to buy.

I'm having the same problem; An unhandled exception occured at 0x1004E711 in aawservice.exe. No response yet from LS on the error reports I've sent (about 7 or 8). I had already upgraded to the Plus version when this started happening, about 2 weeks ago; definition updates accomplish nothing. Looking for help too

As I have the upgraded Plus version, I was able to get a response from Lavasoft. Here is the reply:

Dear customer This could be a possible infection on your system that is causing this,Please use the following instructions below to scan and remove any possible infections on your system. *Instructions to remove an infection*First of all, it is highly recommended that you run a disk clean up on your computer.Then a thorough “Error-check†or “Scan Disk†depending on your Windows version.Try scanning in safe mode (Reboot your system and press F8 continuously when booting up . 1. Make sure you do have the latest build of the program2. Update to the latest definitions file.To update the Ad-Aware 2007, just open the program and it will automatically update for you.Also you can click on the update icon which will download any available updates for you. Configure (or turn off) your firewall or any other security programs that might block network access.You need to allow Ad-Aware to access the Internet.3. Once the program is updated, do a full system scan and remove objects that it finds. *Anti-virus!*Ad-Aware is best used together with an additional anti-virus program.**( Ad-Aware is a dedicated anti-spyware program and not a general anti-virus software.Even though a lot of viruses, trojans, malware etc. are detected and removed as well.) Make sure that you also run a scan with your Antivirus software! *Scan freezing?*If you have problems with a scan freezing, cancel before the scan reaches the point of stalling:For example, after you have found some objects, click “Stop Scanâ€.Remove any objects you want by right clicking the objects in both the privacy and critical tabs and rescan.Again, stop the scan before it reaches the point of stalling and remove any additional objects.You can also try running a custom scan and selecting options and folders, so you exclude the point of stalling, and then run a scan.***Other help*Please, visit our Support Forums for additional help.A lot of creative solutions and help for malware removal are provided there.http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportforums/ Kind Regards,Kim - Lavasoft Support.

...unfortunately, even after following all the steps I still got the unhandled exception error in safe mode. Will send it back to Lavasoft and see what they say.

For those of you still having this problem I may be able to help. I was using Ad-Aware SE up until yesterday before updating to the new 2007 version. While it's scanning the cookies or right after (hard to tell) I got the same error "unhandled exception at 0x01004E711 in aawservice.exe" every time I tried to perform a scan. Of course when this happened the scan would halt and you would have to end the process for Ad-Aware 2007.exe

I tried disabling everything I was running (TeaTimer, Immunization, Anti-Virus, PeerGuardian, etc.) and I would still get the error. Power cycling the computer didn't help and I also tried safe mode but as someone mentioned above it was a no go there as well.

Today it's working for me. There is only two things I did before it started working:

1) Uninstalled Opera which I'm not really sure this has anything to do with it or not but I read somewhere that it might.

2) Updated to the new version of Ad-Aware 7.0.2.6 Free available from the auto update

For those curious I had 7.0.2.5 Free before updating to this version.

I'm going with #2 on being the fix.. It was probably an issue with the version (or two?) before this and with this update it fixed the problem.

FYI: After Ad-Aware finished scanning my computer showed a clean record so I know it wasn't some sort of infection causing the problem. I also turned everything back on that I disabled before when I was trying to fix it (TeaTimer, Immunization, Anti-Virus, PeerGuardian, etc.) and it still completed a full scan without any problems. :)

Update! -> I just re-installed Opera and did a scan again with no problems. I didn't really use Opera in the first place so I doubt it was the problem. Just figured I would let you guys know.. :lol:

So go ahead and try updating to the new version and see if it helps, good luck.

- Mr. Magorium

Edited by Mr. Magorium

For those of you still having this problem I may be able to help. I was using Ad-Aware SE up until yesterday before updating to the new 2007 version. While it's scanning the cookies or right after (hard to tell) I got the same error "unhandled exception at 0x01004E711 in aawservice.exe" every time I tried to perform a scan. Of course when this happened the scan would halt and you would have to end the process for Ad-Aware 2007.exe

I tried disabling everything I was running (TeaTimer, Immunization, Anti-Virus, PeerGuardian, etc.) and I would still get the error. Power cycling the computer didn't help and I also tried safe mode but as someone mentioned above it was a no go there as well.

Today it's working for me. There is only two things I did before it started working:

1) Uninstalled Opera which I'm not really sure this has anything to do with it or not but I read somewhere that it might.

2) Updated to the new version of Ad-Aware 7.0.2.6 Free available from the auto update

For those curious I had 7.0.2.5 Free before updating to this version.

I'm going with #2 on being the fix.. It was probably an issue with the version (or two?) before this and with this update it fixed the problem.

FYI: After Ad-Aware finished scanning my computer showed a clean record so I know it wasn't some sort of infection causing the problem. I also turned everything back on that I disabled before when I was trying to fix it (TeaTimer, Immunization, Anti-Virus, PeerGuardian, etc.) and it still completed a full scan without any problems. :lol:

Update! -> I just re-installed Opera and did a scan again with no problems. I didn't really use Opera in the first place so I doubt it was the problem. Just figured I would let you guys know.. :)

So go ahead and try updating to the new version and see if it helps, good luck.

- Mr. Magorium

I downloaded the update and am still having the problem. It starts to scan the registry and a few files into it is gives me the error. I think I have a malware or something, and I cant get rid of it. :)

I'd been going back and forth with Lavasoft support, following suggestions and getting nowhere. Finally I switched to a different registry cleaner , re-cleaned my registry (found many errors the other cleaner missed) and I was able to do a full scan without the unhandled exception error. However, AdAware did detect one infection and it froze up. Just before throwing my laptop into a wall, I relaunched AdAware and it downloaded updates. Subsequent full scan completed without exception error and detected 7 minor privacy cookie infections. Don't know what happened to the infection that caused it to freeze, but it now completes full scans without error or freezing. I'll keep you posted if anything else comes up.

Sign in to follow this