Sign in to follow this  
Moby Duck

Questions before downloading Ad-Aware 2007 (Free)

I've installed and uninstalled with and without Antivirus and Firewalls, and it STILL is terrible! I've tried some of the suggestions such as lowering the kb to 5000, and it still crashes - on both Smart & Full Scans.

It crashes, and I have sent more crash reports than I should have had to send.

I was considering purchasing Pro, but something is terribly wrong with Ad Aware 2007 Free version.

I suggest that you read the "Bug" forum before making any decisions about whether or not to install Ad Aware. I'm uninstalling it, have heard nothing whatsoever from lavasoft (most haven't), and no answers.

It used to be GREAT! But, now, it's completely worthless, and I doubt I will purchase anything at all from Lavasoft due to their unresponsiveness.

If they ever answer, I might reconsider, but the crash reports have been too numerous to keep up with, e-mails I have sent have gone unanswered, and complaints on the forums also unanswered.

Sorry.

Hi

Crash reports:

When you send a crash report, it is sent to our development team who deals with any new bugs and errors. They are trying to resolve these issues asap, but sometimes needs to prioritize, if a problem is big and frequent it ill obviously have a higher priority. The program is updated as often as possible.

To receive support:

You need to contact the support team by logging in the support center and they will help anyone with a valid license.

Lavasoft do not offer email support to the freeware users, they should use the forums instead.

If you need support please contact the support team or post here with a description of:

# What operating system and other security related software you use.

# A printscreen of the error message.

# A general description of what happens.

Hi everyone! It's me again. Suze, it seems that the wrong date is a known problem. I opened a post in which I mentioned Ad-Aware's date problems and the fact that it crashes after downloading the latest reference file. You can find the post, and the answers, over here:

http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?s...amp;#entry66179

We've just got to wait until the devs have patched up the software...At least we know it's not our computers which are throwing a tantrum, it's Ad-Aware 2007.

Hi, I was wondering why SE wasn't updating so did a search, found that 2007 is available and downloaded it. Installation went well and when it opened I checked for updates. It crashed but that was because it didn't appear to do anything so I checked for updates again (& again & again). I liked the update progress bar of SE.

Apart from that all is ok, slower but then I expected that as it has to cope with more & more problems every day.

Date is correct & showing 19/1/2008 ( from an earlier jan date after installation), and version is now 0044 0000

I used to use Spybot until I discovered SE which would find & remove things that Spybot did not.

I am thinking about purching 2007 but as I use Bullguard 8 (virus, firewall etc.) I find that it blocks all malware attacks (that I have encounted anyway) and removers them leaving only tracking cookies & MRUs for ad-ware to bin (the reason I didn't purchase SE) so am undicided.

Now that I have found this forum I will do a lot of looking arround before stay free of buying.

I not an expert but do have to help quite a few friends out with their computer problems and have found that there are so many factors to take into account when installation problems are encounted that I more 0ften than not it is a hareware/installed software conflict that causes problems & it would be impossible for software vendore to test on every single combination.

For example DIVX causes a problem with one program I use a lot so I can't at present install it on my computer yet others have both on their computers without problems.

I have even found that by simply running scandisk and/or defrag. cures some installation problems as Windows gets 'messed up' through time.

No matter how long Lavasoft test their programs & how many beta testers they use prior to releasing the final version there will be someone or someone's setup that causes or finds a problem/bug.

Sorry if this post is long but the only compliant that I have Lavasoft is that I wasn't informed of the new version release or the discontinued update of SE. In their defence, I use the free version & they didn't have my e-mail address so why should they bother with me.

Norman

Hi Norman,

Thanks for your detailed and informative post :unsure:

I wasn't informed of the new version release... In their defense, I use the free version & they didn't have my e-mail address

To keep up-to-date with Lavasoft and Ad-Aware, you may subscribe to the Lavasoft Newsletter - (the subscription link is in the top-right corner) and also keep an eye on the Lavasoft Blog.

Regards,

Spike

BTW: To receive email notifications whenever new Defs are released, subscribe to the Definition Updates section of the forum. Click on "Options" in the top-right and select "Subscribe to this forum" from the drop-down menu. Then choose your email preference and you're done (ignore any emails about beta defs):

Forum_Subscription_1.gif

Forum_Subscription_2.gif

Another useful subscription would be to Software Updates - that is slightly different, as it is a Topic.

For that one, select "Track this Topic" from the drop-down menu under "Options" and again select a notification preference. Whenever Tobias announces a future Software Update, you will then be emailed.

Forum_Subscription_3.gif

Hi

You people are lucky if you can get Ad-aware 2007 free to find tracking cookies. It hasn't for me for months now, even with numerous uninstalls and reinstalls.. It just finds the same 2 MRU's. It used to find some tracking cookies, but that was weeks ago, if not months ago., but I have posted this in other places. The program runs fine, it just doesn't find any cookies when I know they are there and other anti-spyware, malware programs are finding them.... I guess you people are lucky if they are finding them for you.....

Sign in to follow this