Sign in to follow this  
bobbybrown

Cannot open secure sites, wih IE or firefox!

hi,

Its like I said in the title, I cannot open any secure sites using either firefox or IE6.

I'm running win xp.

I'm really stuck what to do.

If you would like a HiJack This log please say so and I will post one up straight away.

Thanks for reading.

Hello.bobbybrown & Welcome

Yes post your log.

Gogo ;)

Hi, Thanks for the reply.

Here is my hijack this log...

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2

Scan saved at 8:28:16 PM, on 12/27/2007

Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)

MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:

C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe

C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe

C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE

C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe

C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe

C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe

C:\Program Files\DNA\btdna.exe

C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe

C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe

C:\PROGRA~1\MOZILL~1\FIREFOX.EXE

C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\msimn.exe

C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\Dan\Desktop\HiJackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.google.co.uk/

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = 85.18.242.30:80

O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avast!] C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [sunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\jusched.exe"

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [uniblue SpyEraser] "C:\Program Files\Uniblue\SpyEraser\SpyEraser.exe" -m

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [uniblue SpeedUpMyPC] C:\Program Files\Uniblue\SpeedUpMyPC 3\SpeedUpMyPC.exe -s

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [uniblue RegistryBooster2] C:\Program Files\Uniblue\RegistryBooster 2\RegistryBooster.exe /S

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [bitTorrent DNA] "C:\Program Files\DNA\btdna.exe"

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll

O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe

O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://fpdownload.adobe.com/pub/shockwave/...ash/swflash.cab

O23 - Service: avast! iAVS4 Control Service (aswUpdSv) - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe

O23 - Service: avast! Antivirus - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe

O23 - Service: avast! Mail Scanner - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe

O23 - Service: avast! Web Scanner - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe

--

End of file - 3029 bytes

Hi.bobbybrown

1.) More feedback what problem(s) are you having with the PC. I ask because I'm not seeing much in the log.

2.) Why are you not running a FireWall. You need one today to be online.

3.) Were you trying to fix some of these items yourself.

Gogo ;)

Hi.bobbybrown

1.) More feedback what problem(s) are you having with the PC. I ask because I'm not seeing much in the log.

2.) Why are you not running a FireWall. You need one today to be online.

3.) Were you trying to fix some of these items yourself.

Gogo ;)

Hi,

The problem is I can't get on to any websites that are secure, such as banks, paypal etc.

It kind of starts to load, but then stops before the page is displayed, also sometimes when I click the link to go to the login pages it just does nothing.

I'll get a firewall, any you suggest?

I haven't tried to fix anything myself, as I'm unsure of what I'm doing, all I did was look on my ISP's website and follow their instructions, which was to basically clear temporary internet files and cookies, which hasn't worked.

Hi.bobbybrown

Please download HoxtXpert.

1. Unzip HostsXpert.zip
  2. Double click on HostsXpert.exe
  3. Then click on "Restore Original Hosts" to restore your Hosts file to its default condition.
  4. Click on Make Hosts Read Only to secure it against further infection.
  5. Close program when complete.

=============================

Lets run an F-Secure online scan for Viruses, Spyware and RootKits:

• Go to http://support.f-secure.com/enu/home/ols.shtml
  • Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the Start scanning button. A window will pop up.
  • Allow the Active X control to be installed on your computer, then click the Accept button
  • Click Full System Scan and allow the components to download and the scan to complete.
  • If malware is found, check Submit samples to F-Secure then select Automatic cleaning
  • When cleaning has finitished, click Show report (this will open an Internet Explorer window containing the report)
  • Highlight and Copy (CTRL + C) the complete report, and Paste (CTRL + V) in a new reply to this post

If Automatic cleaning with Submit samples hangs, click Cancel, then New Scan

• When the cleaning option is presented, Uncheck Submit samples to F-Secure
  • Click Automatic cleaning
  • When cleaning has finitished, click Show report (this will open an Internet Explorer window containing the report)
  • Highlight and Copy (CTRL + C) the complete report, and Paste (CTRL + V) in a new reply to this post

Notes:

• This scan will only work with Internet Explorer
  • You must have administrator rights to run this scan
  • This scan can take several hours, so please be patient

Gogo :)

Sign in to follow this