Sign in to follow this  
iwontchatdontaskme

Ad-Aware Freezing on Scanning Folders (Conditional)

I am running a PC with Windows XP and Windows Live One Care.

Two days ago, I uninstalled my old copy of Ad-Aware and downloaded the 2007 version. I updated it. Today I ran a complete scan. 4 hours and 38 minutes later, I came back to find the Ad-Aware was still on Scanning Folders (conditional).

I disabled my Windows Live One Care and attempted to run the scan, this time the lite scan. And it is not frozen on the Scanning Folders (conditional) area.

Is there way to have this not happen?

I am grateful for any information.

Hello,

@iwontchatdontaskme: You should always turn off any other security programs that are using resident protection when scanning with a different product. This ensure they won't interfere with each other trying to do the same job at the same time.

@manor

There can be a number of different reasons that causes this. What is your operating system please?

Does the step that I listed above resolve the problem? (Turn off your other resident scanners before scanning with Ad-Aware)?

Hello,

@iwontchatdontaskme: You should always turn off any other security programs that are using resident protection when scanning with a different product. This ensure they won't interfere with each other trying to do the same job at the same time.

@manor

There can be a number of different reasons that causes this. What is your operating system please? Microsoft Windows xp home. No other scanners were operatingat the time Ad-Aware 2007 was functioning.

Does the step that I listed above resolve the problem? (Turn off your other resident scanners before scanning with Ad-Aware)?

I'm also having the same issue with Ad-Aware 2007 Free Version. I'm using Windows XP. There is definitely a bug with new Ad-Aware 2007. The old one (SE) was outstanding. NEVER had an issue like this with Ad-Aware SE.

Is there a way to turn OFF the conditional scan? Is there a setting that can be made to bypass this part of the scan? I've already un-installed and re-installed Ad-Aware 2007 several times. I've tried the suggestions on this thread as well. Nothing stops Ad-Aware from hanging during the "Conditional" scan. Thanks in advance for any help.

There are several strings with this same problem being discussed. Anybody have a solution. The problem seems to be wide spread and a need for resolution growing. Please help us.

Sign in to follow this