Sign in to follow this  
Wolf6@sisna.com

Registration Problems discussion thread

Where does one get the SN for SE Plus? I purchased mine through Element5 as a download. No SN was provided.

The upgrades to Ad-Aware 2007 for users with valid Ad-Aware SE Licenses are now available. Please read the download and installation instructions below and then get your copy of Ad-Aware 2007 from the Support Center

INSTRUCTIONS

Download Ad-Aware 2007 from the Support Center. The download link can be found under the 'Resources' tab.

Important: If you have already downloaded Ad-Aware 2007, please make sure to uninstall, then re-install the program before registering your product.

REGISTRATION PROCEDURE

Note: Each license has an individual serial number that can only be activated on one computer. If you have activated on another machine or changed the hardware setup on your computer, the serial number will not recognize the new hardware fingerprint of the system.

Make sure that you have turned off or configured your firewall or any other security programs to allow Ad-Aware 2007 network access. If necessary, you can temporarily turn off your firewall, but be sure to turn it on again after you have completed the registration procedure.

• To open the registration window, click the 'Register' button that is placed near the bottom-right corner of the screen, under 'License Status'.
  • Important: Please choose the correct license type from the drop-down menu, either ��‚��“Update Ad-Aware SE License to 2007- Plus��‚�� or ��‚��“Update Ad-Aware SE License to 2007 ��‚��€œ Pro��‚��.
  • Enter the serial number from the 'serial number notification' e-mail into the box checked 'Serial number', NOT the unlock key box.
  • Click 'OK'. Ad-Aware 2007 will connect to the Internet to validate your registration.
  • "Thank you for registering Ad-Aware 2007" will appear once successful, Click OK.
  • Close program and restart (double-click desktop icon) to activate full feature version of Ad-Aware 2007 Plus or Pro.

If you go to the support center (from lavasoft) and log in. Then there is a button under your SE license, if you click on it you'll get the SN for the 2007 version.

I purchased Ad-Aware SE Plus through Element5 and heve paid maintenance etc for a few years.

I also get emails from you about upgrades etc. However you do not recognise my email address when I try and log into the support site. Therefore I can not upgrade to 2007. Yet I can log into these forums ok?

How can I get to register so I can upgrade?

I purchased Ad-Aware SE Plus through Element5 and heve paid maintenance etc for a few years.

I also get emails from you about upgrades etc. However you do not recognise my email address when I try and log into the support site. Therefore I can not upgrade to 2007. Yet I can log into these forums ok?

How can I get to register so I can upgrade?

Jabberwocky,

Please check your private messages at the top of the forum for a message from me. The email used for login is different that for forums registration. Use the email address that you originally registered with your product purchase or renewal.

If you are still having a problem, contact support directly using this email address I've given in the PM messgae.

Please provide all details of your registration and renewal info so they can locate your account and verify the status to get your problem fixed :angry:

I have a situation similar to Jabberwocky's. I purchased Ad-Aware SE from Element 5 and am unable to access the Support Center with any login or email address in order to upgrade to a 2007 license. How is this situation best resolved?

Jabberwocky,

Please check your private messages at the top of the forum for a message from me. The email used for login is different that for forums registration. Use the email address that you originally registered with your product purchase or renewal.

If you are still having a problem, contact support directly using this email address I've given in the PM messgae.

Please provide all details of your registration and renewal info so they can locate your account and verify the status to get your problem fixed :D

If you go to the support center (from lavasoft) and log in. Then there is a button under your SE license, if you click on it you'll get the SN for the 2007 version.

Hi,

I purchased Plus through Element5 in 2004 & never received a serial number. I've logged on to support center but there is no button under my SE license info so that I may retrieve a serial number for the 2007 Plus version.

And as we all know, I purchased from Element 5 in 2002, and cannot get into support, and there hasn't been any response from support to help me get in.

Hi,

I purchased Plus through Element5 in 2004 & never received a serial number. I've logged on to support center but there is no button under my SE license info so that I may retrieve a serial number for the 2007 Plus version.

Hi

I'm in the same situation. I purchased Ad-Aware SE Plus in a store but couldn't register it until recently because the URL on the CD Jacket that came in the box didn't work :) I finally got Adaware Registered but when I log in to support center it just says I have a 1 year license. There is no button to click on. I have used the free version of Adaware 2007 and would like to upgrade to it. Why is it so hard for Lavasoft to help people upgrade a product they paid good money for. I'm there with you guys.. not to happy right now.

Hi

I'm in the same situation. I purchased Ad-Aware SE Plus in a store but couldn't register it until recently because the URL on the CD Jacket that came in the box didn't work :) I finally got Adaware Registered but when I log in to support center it just says I have a 1 year license. There is no button to click on. I have used the free version of Adaware 2007 and would like to upgrade to it. Why is it so hard for Lavasoft to help people upgrade a product they paid good money for. I'm there with you guys.. not to happy right now.

I also in same boat. Bought my copy 3 weeks ago in a store, upgraded to 2007, followed instructions , nothing. Go to license info no link to get serial number. :angry: :angry:

I purchased Ad-Aware SE Plus in 2001 and have successfully updated it since that time; however, I cannot update to the current version since my e-mail address is not recognized even though I receive the Lavasoft newsletter on a regualar basis. The support site also asks for a password. I have received five passwords from Lavasoft since 2001 and none work. I even had to get a new user name and password for these forums since my old one is not recognized. Ok, cut to the bottom line. How do I update to the current version of Ad-Aware SE Plus?

Like everyone else in this thread I have a valid/purchased copy of Ad-Aware SE (Plus or Pro), but I cannot get a Serial Number. I purchased Ad-Aware SE Plus thru Share It (a service of element 5). All I received from them was a Reference Number (which will not activate Ad-Aware 2007 Plus).

When I log onto Support Center/License Information it says I am licensed for Ad-Aware 2007 Plus - but there is no buttom to click on in order to get my Serial Number.

Is anyone working on this problem. I'd like to start using Ad-Aware 2007 Plus.

bigkeith

post-29100-1184250993.jpg

I received a new password to Support today. However, after purchasing a lifetime product, it now costs to upgrade?

I received a new password to Support today. However, after purchasing a lifetime product, it now costs to upgrade?

yup, even tho they stated that back then, it doesn't apply today, Lavasoft sounded very greatful when I made my purchase back in '02 but, there not so greatful today. Lavasoft is well aware what they told folks back then, but it seems that they don't stand behind what they say

The registration is driving me crazy! Like the other billion people in this thread I bought AdAware back in 2002 with the incentive that I would receive upgrades for life. Now I can't register the 2007 version because I don't have a serial number, I can't get a serial number from Sales/Technical support because they never answer their email, and the responses posted by Lavasoft to this thread never actually answer the question as to how to get a serial number, they just tell you how to enter it. Any half-wit can figure out how to enter the serial number if they have one.

Here's the question I want answered. How do you get a valid serial number if your a legacy user?

The registration is driving me crazy! Like the other billion people in this thread I bought AdAware back in 2002 with the incentive that I would receive upgrades for life. Now I can't register the 2007 version because I don't have a serial number, I can't get a serial number from Sales/Technical support because they never answer their email, and the responses posted by Lavasoft to this thread never actually answer the question as to how to get a serial number, they just tell you how to enter it. Any half-wit can figure out how to enter the serial number if they have one.

Here's the question I want answered. How do you get a valid serial number if your a legacy user?

I installed adaware 07 pro on the 8/7/07,

since then ALL my desktop short cuts dont work when i tried

to run my av (avg pro) i keep getting the message could not initialize avg anti virus kernel

interface application cannot run,

as well as system error 19811 has occured cannot load graphics application terminates,

all this started when i installed adaware.

iv now noticed all my program files are missing from my hard drive (only zone alarm left)

which leaves me with NO anti virus or anti spyware, NO NOTHING

iv checked some more on google about this and it seems a common problem with adaware 07,

iv tried mailing lavasoft about this but didnt get any reply ( no surprise there then)

they are happy to take your money

but when you need help they ignore you,

so i now have a 2 year licence for a program that wrecked my system.

the only programs that are currently working are the ones that are pre installed with windows

ie: msn ,media player etc.

Iv so far been waiting 2 days for an answer to this problem and to date lavasoft

seem unwilling to provide answers,

i suppose if they provide answers they will be admitting they are at fault!

iv since found out that lavasoft knew of this problem 5 DAYS before i installed the program,

still nothing has been done

this link provides proof that lavasoft were aware this problem existed 5 days

before i installed the program

http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/lofiversion...php/t10648.html

To anyone thinking of updating their se version to the new adaware 07 version

i suggest you read the attached link before you do

http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?s...view=getnewpost

it may just save your pc from the scrapheap

THE FOLLOWING IS A QUOTE FROM A LAVASOFT MODERATOR

QUOTE(LS Tobias @ Jul 9 2007, 04:41 PM)

We do not igenore you. Support still has a back log but they answer all e-mails.

We are lookign into what may have caused the problem on your system.

Regards, Tobias

5 DAYS AFTER STARTING THIS POST IM STILL WAITING FOR ANSWERS FROM LAVASOFT AS TO WHY ADAWARE 07

CAN POSSIBLY WIPE AN ENTIRE HARD DRIVE

LOOKS LIKE IM HERE FOR THE LONG HAUL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CAUSE IM NOT LEAVING TILL I GET ANSWERS!!

THE QUOTE YOU SEE ABOVE MUST BE LAVASOFTS ATTEMPT AT HAVING A LAUGH!!

WELL IM NOT LAUGHING

I THINK I MAY JUST START POSTING LINKS TO MY THREAD ON THE NET AS WELL AS OTHER SECURITY FORUMS,

IN THE HOPE THAT OTHER CUSTOMERS WONT BE FOOLED INTO BUYING THIS PIECE OF CR*P/INFERIOR/FAULTY/SUBSTANDARD

SOFTWARE!!!!

well i take it you didnt like my reply its a simple problem adaware wiped a load of files ,

programmes, and every thing else it could get it nasty hands on. whats been done about it? NOTHING

i told you in the post that there is no trace of adaware and many other programmes!! what is so hard to understand?,

cant get updates cant reinstall programmes i feel violated (robbed, done,ripped off,ignored,and made a fool of for trusting youre programme).

At this moment i have bought new hard drive to reinstall my os (dont worry im keeping my old drive with everything that is LEFT ON IT)

The next step to fix this problem is [email protected] hope they will be more willing to help than lavasoft has been,

this system is now dead ie not worth trouble trying to fix, theres that many problems to fix.

IM NOT HAPPY AND I WILL NOT BE BRUSHED UNDER THE CARPET!!!

THIS MUST BE SORTED I WANT MY £££ SPENT ON URE HALF BAKED PROGRAMME BACK AND WANT TO KNOW WHAT YOU WILL DO ABOUT MY LOSSES !!

THAT IS IF I EVER GET A REPLY ONE THAT MAKES SENSE ANYWAY

Ive now installed my new hard drive and os, (done by it expert) he informed me that the only reason adaware 07 didnt

delete my firewall along with all my windows os was because zone alarm has a setting that prevents malware from

maliciously deleting or stopping its processess.

ZONE ALARM FIREWALL V7 MUST CONSIDER ADAWARE 07 TO BE MALWARE

i feel if i didmt have zone alarm installed adaware 07 may well have deleted my entire windows os , thankfully it stopped this .

MY OLD HARD DRIVE IS NOW SEALED IN A BUBBLE WRAPPED ENVELOPE!!!

STILL WAITING FOR LAVASOFT TO ADDRESS THIS ISSUE!!

NOT FOR MUCH LONGER THOUGH !!!!

TAKE MY ADVICE AND THINK VERY CAREFULLY BEFORE YOU INSTALL THIS "THING"

Edited by wayne.s

Contact customer support and make sure to supply them with relevant information about the purchase of the lifetime license (order no, order verification e-mail, etc.)

Regards, Tobias

You might like to check that statement.

I am a holder of a valid lifetime license and this was the last communication from Lavasoft

Dear Customer

At the launch of Ad-Aware 2007 we changed to a new Support system and Customer Database.

During this process a few Support Center accounts were lost, yours among them.

We have now created a new personal account for you.

An email with the login credentials and new password have been sent to your registered email address.

Your old licenses have expired and therefore not been included in your profile.

However, all previous license holders may upgrade to Ad-Aware 2007 at a discount.

I am still waiting for a response questioning this.

I've written customer support with my purchase specifics almost everyday for 2 weeks and haven't heard a word . The thing is that I probably need to quit worrying about lost money and aggravation and go find a better spyware program.

Maybe the best use of this forum is for existing Ad-aware users to discuss the best alternatives to Ad-aware.

Edited by spike-nz

Help! After not having any access to the Support Center for almost a year, Lavasoft finally updated my email address and account info in early March and I was able to get into my account. But now I can't log in to the Support Center because the email address no longer is recognized. After reading the posts in this forum, I can only assume that I am one of those whose accounts got deleted (again). I contacted Support over a week ago, but all I got was a "canned" reply telling me to log in to the Support Center! I have sent several subsequent emails requesting assistance, but have yet to receive a response. Is there someone who can help me????:)

P.S. Is it worth it to upgrade? I have been reading about all the problems....

Edited by kram160

Help! After not having any access to the Support Center for almost a year, Lavasoft finally updated my email address and account info in early March and I was able to get into my account. But now I can't log in to the Support Center because the email address no longer is recognized. After reading the posts in this forum, I can only assume that I am one of those whose accounts got deleted (again). I contacted Support over a week ago, but all I got was a "canned" reply telling me to log in to the Support Center! I have sent several subsequent emails requesting assistance, but have yet to receive a response. Is there someone who can help me????:)

P.S. Is it worth it to upgrade? I have been reading about all the problems....

:angry:

I don't feel that it's worth the support frustration anymore and I'm looking for a Ad-aware alternative. Every message coming from their support center is canned, you can't get any valid information from them. I'm guessing that they are just inundated with complaints. I purchased Ad-aware with the understanding that upgrades were free for life, evidently that has changed (again can't get a straight answer from anyone from Lavasoft). If I have to plunk down more money for a simple spyware checker then I'm going to find a better alternative.

:)

I don't feel that it's worth the support frustration anymore and I'm looking for a Ad-aware alternative. Every message coming from their support center is canned, you can't get any valid information from them. I'm guessing that they are just inundated with complaints. I purchased Ad-aware with the understanding that upgrades were free for life, evidently that has changed (again can't get a straight answer from anyone from Lavasoft). If I have to plunk down more money for a simple spyware checker then I'm going to find a better alternative.

That's the conclusion I'm quickly coming to. There are plenty of alternatives, both free and otherwise. The PC-cillin Internet Security application I use on my laptop includes a spyware checker. It's too bad, because I have been using Ad-Aware for years and really like it. But continual (and seemingly insurmountable) problems with Lavasoft support just may be the deal-breaker for me. Guess I'll switch to Spy Sweeper, which I also have installed on my desktop computer....

Edited by kram160

Lets connect the dots............Can't keep track of customer data base.............then probably can't keep track of spyware.............equals incompetence

Sign in to follow this