Sign in to follow this  
Wolf6@sisna.com

Registration Problems discussion thread

I've only been trying to upgrade to the new version for over a week, with no joy. I guess it's some consolation to learn I'm apparently not the only one who's been deleted from their system. Attempts to log in get me a note that my e-mail address is not recognized and I should check its accuracy and try again. That results in another note, etc., etc. Sounds like they need a new IT section head. Anybody got any leads on another program that's put out by people who support their customers??

If anybody from LavaSoft reads this, I'd appreciate a little help on this matter. I like the program, but am getting *very* frustrated with all the canned responses that do me absolutely no good.

I've only been trying to upgrade to the new version for over a week, with no joy. I guess it's some consolation to learn I'm apparently not the only one who's been deleted from their system. Attempts to log in get me a note that my e-mail address is not recognized and I should check its accuracy and try again. That results in another note, etc., etc. Sounds like they need a new IT section head. Anybody got any leads on another program that's put out by people who support their customers??

If anybody from LavaSoft reads this, I'd appreciate a little help on this matter. I like the program, but am getting *very* frustrated with all the canned responses that do me absolutely no good.

:)

I have to think that there are some IT developers putting in some major hours trying to fix the licensing problems and that they will eventually get this straightened out. At least that's what I hope is happening, it's either that or they've blown off their legacy purchasers and are hoping we will go away. The saddest part is that they're doing absolutely nothing to communicate status to people. How hard would it be to create a thread on this forum that states what their status is on licensing and legacy users. The canned responses keep saying that users with valid licenses can upgrade but they don't tell you if you have a valid license or why (or even if) they changed the terms of the agreement.

If they did change the terms of the legacy agreement you have to think that there is a lawsuit just around the corner. You hate to see that happen because obviously they can't afford it, otherwise they would spend more money on customer support. I get the feeling that this is a small IT shop with a couple of software developers and the boss's mom Myrtle answering the phone and doing customer support. The developers are probably burnt out and spending more time on updating their resumes than trying to fix the burning building around them, and who can blame them, the Lego company down the block probably pays twice as much.

Spent an hour looking, still can't find how to upgade a 'lifetime' Ad-Aware SE Plus Edition (#511863) to 2007 Plus without 'rebuying' the entire product. Seem to be a shared concern, to put it mildly, but can't find any fixes. (Other than 'contact customer service' which I can't do as it gives me an 'expired' notice.)

Has there been any answer to:

"Your old licenses have expired and therefore not been included in your profile.

However, all previous license holders may upgrade to Ad-Aware 2007 at a discount."

Also about ready to seek elsewhere.

:huh:

We paid for 3 license renewals via Element5 online purchase for our 3 computers. We were sent only one Serial Number which activated only one computer license.

How do we manage to get the paid for Serial Numbers for the other 2 computers, I followed the instructions from the beginning of this thread only to find that the only Serial Number is the same as the one I used on my other PC and it doesn't work for our other 2, my laptop and hubby's PC.

We have called numerous times to Element5 and spoken to sales reps who say the same number activates all three, but that is not so and when we call back they still won't send our Serial Numbers B)

We have lost 4 months use of our paid extended download licenses :)

Can someone from support please help us.

I can't even get a serial number because they lost my account info. Although there is proof I paid via Element5. I got as far as having them issue me a serial number.... instead they told me they lost my profile so now I have to pay for an upgrade. This isn't the lavasoft I dealt with in the past. This is a band of thieves!!! I want my money back so I can invest it instead in Microsoft's Live OneCare. You guys are earning a very bad reputation based on ripping yor customers off!

I'm going to do everything in my power to get a refund in full! You have committed fraud over the internet by selling a product with lifetime upgrades, then turn around and make us pay again! *I* want my money by the end of this week or I am filing fraud charges. So, GET IT DONE!

Well I tend to agree here, Element5 have a lot to answer for, they took our money and neglected to send us the appropriate serial numbers for all three paid accounts, something smells about that and we are not happy. Even one of the accounts is showing expired, yes we have all the receipts, account numbers etc.

I am tired of calling them only to be told they will email the numbers and they don't :) I am beginning to think it's just a ploy to get me off the phone and out of their hair. They also say it's a support issue with Lavasoft, but how do we get support when none is forthcoming.

We have decided to cut our losses and look for an alternative anti-spyware program, one that we will purchase from a store, we will never go to another online download, it's not worth the aggravation we have gone through for the past 4 months. Ad-Aware is no longer a consideration for us after all the crap we have been through with Element5 :angry:

We most certainly won't ever recommend Ad-Aware to anyone who is looking for a good anti-spyware program, it's a rip off pure and simple :angry:

I received a response from Lavasoft support! It was bad news but at least it was a response. For customers who purchased Ad-Aware with the terms that you would receive software upgrades for life (legacy users) you're getting shafted. Evidently because Ad-Aware 2007 is a completely "NEW" program, even if it's named the same and does the same thing, they are not going to honor their upgrade commitment any longer. They do send you a one year license but after that your hosed. I find that unacceptable and dishonest but at least I've learned the lesson not to trust Lavasoft. I will probably use the license for the year but Lavasoft has certainly lost any chance of selling me anything ever again.

I agree with the user that he can't and won't recommend Lavasoft products to others anymore. A few months ago I posted a positive recommendation about Ad-Aware on one of my Yahoo groups and I had to retract that statement last week. I received an interesting response from another member of the group that was having similar licensing trouble and was also fed up so word does travel fast.

Edited by SpySentinel

This thread is getting way off topic and this issue has already been posted numerous times in the forums, so I'll go ahead and close it now.

Sign in to follow this