Sign in to follow this  
C_Editor

Terminate SE?

To staff!

It said, as the description, that SE Personal is to be terminated today (December 31). Am I correct to say that you will be cutting off all ties to SE; in other words, rendering it useless? Basically, I mean that it can no longer be used or updated, so we will be forced to convert to the 2007 version?

;)

you may wish to know that Adaware 2007 will seemingly run on computers running on XP and NOT on platforms with 98se and older; looks like the older and 'trusty' platforms are being sadly nudged out ;)

Yes, that seems to be the case. With Lavasoft killing off SE Personal, users won't have any access to definitions files...something that I don't see why it should happen, since 2007 sucks in the first place.

Yes, that seems to be the case. With Lavasoft killing off SE Personal, users won't have any access to definitions files...something that I don't see why it should happen,

Its goodbye to SE and Lavasoft for me. Uninstalled!

:huh: I got the same idea that from now on, definition updates will ONLY be for those who PURCHASE it.

Oh, well, guess this will be the last post for me.

Not only will I uninstall Ad Aware SE Personal, but I WILL NEVER PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM LAVASOFT.

That having been said, goodbye all!

Lavasoft lost me as a customer. Thank goodness I didn't PAY for anything!

I have the SE Version, is there a license that goes with it...because I cannot find mine, what should I do...please help me...my name is George Dolan xxxxx@hotmail.com or xxxxxx@yahoo.com...another thing I just downloaded the new version...2007... :(

Edited by spike-nz
Please do not post email addresses in open forums - for security reasons

I too installed and then removed 2007 because of 100% CPU. I reinstalled my old SE.

I am still hanging in there with my old SE (bought and paid for), waiting to see if Lavasoft will fix the problems with 2007.

Otherwise, I too will uninstall SE and be gone forever.

This is the perfect storm for Lavasoft:

Lavasoft decides to stop supporting older versions that worked fine.

2007 has problems and users complain, demand refunds and leave.

Lavasoft support forums provide poor and delayed responses to user questions.

McAfee goes on the attack again, demanding users to uninstall Ad-Aware or get no support for McAfee.

Users need virus protection more than ad protection.

The user is then backed into a corner and will remove Ad-Aware.

Lavasoft should rethink its strategy behind the way that 2007 performs.

Well. It would appear that we might have to ask Lavasoft to bring back SE Personal, since 2007 for a lot of people is extremely glitchy. It still needs to be tested, and until SE Personal makes a comeback I won't bother downloading programs from Lavasoft.

They've lost yet another supporter, as for now.

Edited by C_Editor

For all of you who are still having problems start a new topic and post your problems, if you haven't already, and someone will be around to help you. Please be patient with us.

Regards,

SpySentinel

Moderator & Ad-Aware 2007 Beta Team member

patmac's right, you can download defs updates for Ad-Aware SE Personal in a zipped file as the updater in the program no longer works. This is where you can get it:

http://download.lavasoft.com/public/defs.zip

I have done this successfully and, for anyone who isn't sure how to do it, I've put this in another thread here.

Like some other people, I had various problems with Ad-Aware 2007, so I got rid of it and went back to SE - thank you System Restore! I'll wait for a while and see if the new program becomes less problematic and possibly try it again.

For all of you who are still having problems start a new topic and post your problems, if you haven't already, and someone will be around to help you. Please be patient with us.

Regards,

SpySentinel

Moderator & Ad-Aware 2007 Beta Team member

I am using SE personal 1.06r/personal. When trying to perform a web update the prompt states,"No updated components available." My last recorded update is: SEIR21027.12.2007.

Is there a problem, or are you no longer providing a this service?

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Bevy

I am using SE personal 1.06r/personal. When trying to perform a web update the prompt states,"No updated components available." My last recorded update is: SEIR21027.12.2007.

Is there a problem, or are you no longer providing a this service?

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Bevy

Hi Bevy,

I use the same version of SE as you and it's no longer possible to get updates via the updater in the program. However, you can, at the moment, download updated defs as zip files, although I don't know how long this will last for. You can get the latest defs file from http://download.lavasoft.com/public/defs.zip and you should save it to your Desktop or wherever you usually download files to. Have a look at my post here to find out how to install the new defs if you don't know how to do it. In that post I said that you should open the Lavasoft folder, but I forgot to say that you should then open the Ad-Aware SE Personal folder too. My bad!

I hope this helps you.

Sign in to follow this