Sign in to follow this  
randau

Preparing System Scan

In Preparing System Scan, what's the difference between the negligible risk entries and the low-risk threats selections?

randau,

Negligible Objects consist of MRU (Most Recently Used items) lists. These can always be removed .

GRAFX 206729.gif

Actually I would like to correct this. It is up to the user to decide whether or not they wish to remove something. Lavasoft provides an impartial risk assessment and a means to remove these items (Ad-Aware) if the user so desires. We do not instruct the user to delete anything, nor does Ad-Aware delete anything by default (unless instructed to do so) However, we do inform you on the consequences of not removing these objects

Negligible Items are objects in our database that have a threat level of 2 or below. These are families which have been lowered to such a level that they can no longer be considered a threat. It is up to you whether or not you wish to remove them, but when they have reached a risk level 2, they do not pose a serious threat to your system.

Thanks

//Steve

Steve wrote:

Negligible Items are objects in our database that have a threat level of 2 or below. These are families which have been lowered to such a level that they can no longer be considered a threat. It is up to you whether or not you wish to remove them, but when they have reached a risk level 2, they do not pose a serious threat to your system.

Thanks for the correction. I just didn't understand why two such similar options ("negligible risk entries" and "low-risk threats") were needed. I assume from your explanation that "negligible risk entries" are a lower risk than "low-risk threats". What level are "low-risk threats" versus what max level threat? I found the two options a little confusing and I could find nothing in Ad-aware Help to explain them.

randau

Sign in to follow this