Sign in to follow this  
Dinole

no automatic update

Hi all,

it seems, that the latest version 044.0000 will not be updated automatically.

I use Ad Aware 2007 version 7.0.2.6 / version 043.000

Do you have the same problems?

Cheers

Michael

Yes, I have the same problem. :unsure:

I had to download and replace the old file manually and fortunately that worked.

However one could expect it to work automatically since one have paid for the PRO version.

Seems like Ad-Aware 2007 and especially Ad-Watch 2007 (which I still has no proof of what so ever that it is acutally working) has many problems. :o

I preferred the old fully functioning Ad-Aware SE PRO version without all the problems.

If I had known this before bying Ad-Aware 2007 PRO I would never had bought it in the first place.

Hi

I have the free version and when I clicked on the update button, it took me to the update manager also. It did update a part of the program I think. It is still the same 2.0.2.6. However, it says my difinition file is up to date with number 43, when it says in the forum that 44 is now available. Apparantly, I assume there is something wrong with their update servers in addtion to all the problems with the program too.

Hi.

I have version 7.0.2.6 and my latest updated file is 0043.0000. I just now recognized there is a new file (44) to update (when reading the Lavasoft forum). But me,too, I cannot update a new file. My Ad-Aware says "Your definition file is up to date!"

Regards, Moonlight.

I can confirm moonlight's observations, for AAW 2007 free.

I had to manually download and install the update.

Edited by joe53

Hello All,

There are a number of reasons for the new Defs not showing as available - often, it can be as simple as "caching" by your ISP.

I received the email notification this morning when I first logged-in, but couldn't download the new Defs until a few minutes ago - clicked on "Update" and down it came...

Rather than going through the manual update process, it can pay to hold off for 12 hours or so - by then the download should be available.

Regards,

Spike

BTW: To receive email notifications whenever new Defs are released, subscribe to the Definition Updates section of the forum.

Click on "Options" in the top-right and select "Subscribe to this forum" from the drop-down menu. Then choose your email preference and you're done (ignore any emails about beta defs).

Forum_Subscription_1.gif

Forum_Subscription_2.gif

Hello All,

There are a number of reasons for the new Defs not showing as available - often, it can be as simple as "caching" by your ISP.

I received the email notification this morning when I first logged-in, but couldn't download the new Defs until a few minutes ago - clicked on "Update" and down it came...

Rather than going through the manual update process, it can pay to hold off for 12 hours or so - by then the download should be available.

Regards,

Spike

BTW: To receive email notifications whenever new Defs are released, subscribe to the Definition Updates section of the forum.

Click on "Options" in the top-right and select "Subscribe to this forum" from the drop-down menu. Then choose your email preference and you're done (ignore any emails about beta defs).

post-4454-1200384064.gif

post-4454-1200384072.gif

Hi Spike,

Can 'free' version members sign up for these notification of new defs?

As I would love to know when they are available as have to update 2 computers, and sometimes forget to do 2nd one if working on other at time.

it seems, that the latest version 044.0000 will not be updated automatically.

I use Ad Aware 2007 version 7.0.2.6 / version 043.000

Hi All,

now the automatic update works..........

Yesterday i have updated to signature 044.0000 without any problems.

Cheers

Michael

Hi Michael,

I guessed it would work if it was given a bit of time - good to read that you have it now.

@ Cathy Mac Yes, any registered forum user can subscribe to a forum section, using the method posted above.

Another useful subscription would be to Software Updates - that is slightly different, as it is a Topic.

For that one, select "Track this Topic" from the drop-down menu under "Options" and again select a notification preference. Whenever Tobias announces a future Software Update, you will then be emailed.

Regards,

Spike

Spike, as Michael said the automatic update works fine, yesterday I downloaded the 0044.0000 signature file, but also the forum server was unavailable, at least for me

Regards

Miguel Angel

Sign in to follow this