Sign in to follow this  
JohnBlund

Why doesn't Lavasoft Support Center reply to a paying customer ?

TO LAVASOFT:

I bought Ad-Aware 2007 Pro from an Online Store a day or so before new year.

I have then discovered problems with Ad-Watch 2007 (in fact, it doesn't seems to work at all). :unsure:

According to the Online Store questions of Technical support should be addressed to xxxxxxxxxxx@lavasoft.com

I have therefore sent both an email to that email address and I have also via Lavasoft Support Center website registered a mail to Lavasoft with my questions.

I am still waiting for a reply... :o

Why doesn't Lavasoft Support Center reply to a paying customer ? B)

TO LAVASOFT:

I have then discovered problems with Ad-Watch 2007 (in fact, it doesn't seems to work at all). :unsure:

According to the Online Store questions of Technical support should be addressed to xxxxxxxxxxx@lavasoft.com

I have therefore sent both an email to that email address and I have also via Lavasoft Support Center website registered a mail to Lavasoft with my questions.

I am still waiting for a reply... :o

Why doesn't Lavasoft Support Center reply to a paying customer ? B)

They will reply. I received help from them within 2 or 3 days after sending an e mail with the problem I was having.

They will reply. I received help from them within 2 or 3 days after sending an e mail with the problem I was having.

Lucky you!

What's the "trick" to get them to reply ? Just being patient ?

I posted my first mail December 29th and still haven't received a reply. :rolleyes:

Maybe your problem was easier to address and reply to than mine.

Thank's for your reply, by the way.

Hi John Blund,

Welcome to the forums. The Support Team would have responded by now. It is possible this is the problem?

(From our FAQ pages)

Q: Why do I never get any emails or response from Lavasoft?

A:It might be case where our notification emails get filtered as spam. Make sure to check your mail-clients spam-box or spam-filter for our mails.

We send out notification mails from [email protected], make sure that this address is allowed.

If you have a t-online.de mail account, consider changing to a webmail account, as all our mails is blocked by t-online.

You are able to change your registered mail address by logging in to the support center, and editing your details.

Were you able to login to the Support Center here:

http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter/

Let me know if that works

TO LAVASOFT:

I have then discovered problems with Ad-Watch 2007 (in fact, it doesn't seems to work at all). ;)

According to the Online Store questions of Technical support should be addressed to [email protected]

I am still waiting for a reply... :D

Why doesn't Lavasoft Support Center reply to a paying customer ? :D

Try to reinstall your Ad-Aware 2007 Pro. I have deleted and reinstalled my AdAware 2007 Plus at least half a dozen times. Each time it seems to correct problems I was having . Anyways best of luck to you .

Hi John Blund,

Welcome to the forums. The Support Team would have responded by now. It is possible this is the problem?

(From our FAQ pages)

Were you able to login to the Support Center here:

http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter/

Let me know if that works

Hi!

Nope. No mail from Lavasoft has been filtered according to my mailfilter log.

To be exact I sent a mail to: xxxxxxxxxxx@lavasoft.com

Sat, 29 Dec 2007 18:39:10 +0100 with information about license, order no. et cetera explaining my problem.

Didn't get a reply, so I sent another mail to: xxxxxxxxxxx@lavasoft.com

Mon, 07 Jan 2008 21:01:05 +0100

Still no reply. Then I logged in to the Support Center at http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter

Tue, 8 Jan 2008 20:57:45 +0100 (MET) and submitted my problem at:

https://secure.lavasoft.com/support/support...cal_support.php

Hopeless... still no reply.

I haven't tried yet uninstalling Ad-Aware 2007 PRO (now version 7.0.2.6) altogether and reinstall it again, as mark912 suggested,

since Ad-Aware 2007 PRO itself IS working but I have seen no evidence what so ever that my Ad-Watch 2007 is actually working.

All constructive suggestions are welcome!

Thank's!

John Blund

(which of course isn't my real name, it actually means "the Sandman" in Swedish ;-)

EDIT: Please do not post email addresses in the forums - they get harvested by spambots (or worse) ;)

Edited by spike-nz

Hi John Blund (aka: the Sandman),

Support really do reply within a day or two, with an automated acknowledgment being sent out, usually the same day.

If you have another email address, please log into Support, change your registered email, resend your Support request and see if you now get a response.

I know that Support have been frustrated in the past by responses being bounced back to them (for whatever reason) when they are trying to be of assistance - if you still have no luck, please post back.

Regards,

Spike

Hi John Blund (aka: the Sandman),

Support really do reply within a day or two, with an automated acknowledgment being sent out, usually the same day.

If you have another email address, please log into Support, change your registered email, resend your Support request and see if you now get a response.

I know that Support have been frustrated in the past by responses being bounced back to them (for whatever reason) when they are trying to be of assistance - if you still have no luck, please post back.

Regards,

Spike

Nope.

I have both sent them mail and also tried via Lavasoft Support Center to register my problem and gets a confirmation message on the site

that a mail has been sent to them but have never heard anything from them.

However I don't care anymore, since my problem was solved when downloading the latest version of Ad-Aware 2007 PRO,

so I guess they found some embarrasing bug they fixed or so.

Regards

John Blund

Edited by John Blund

Hi John,

Glad to hear that the latest update sorted out your problem.

As to the Support Issue - I'm rather confused as I recently had communication with Support and there are no backlogs.

Anyway, since the problem is solved for now the matter is moot - if you should encounter any future communication problems with Support, please let me know.

Regards,

Spike

Hi John,

Glad to hear that the latest update sorted out your problem.

As to the Support Issue - I'm rather confused as I recently had communication with Support and there are no backlogs.

Anyway, since the problem is solved for now the matter is moot - if you should encounter any future communication problems with Support, please let me know.

Regards,

Spike

Hi,

Thank's for your reply.

As to the Support Issue - Well, I still wonder where all my mail and generated reports went...

Especially considering I got confirmation that a report has been sent to the Support.

Hadn't the latest software update solved my problem, I would still be lost without support for something I paid for... Not good.

For a while there I thought about calling Lavasoft directly here in Sweden and take it in swedish,

but I doubt they would answer support questions like this over the phone...

However, thank's for your support in case of future communication problems with Support.

Regards

John Blund

Hi John,

Always happy to be of assistance - though I hope that any future communication with Support (should it be needed) goes smoothly.

BTW, if you want to receive email alerts whenever new Defs are released or Software Updates, please see my post here on subscriptions (with screen shots): http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?s...ost&p=67183

Regards,

Spike

Sign in to follow this