Sign in to follow this  
DrACYoung

Ad-Aware 2007 and WindowsME

I currently run Ad-Aware SE Personal on WindowsME. Reading the product details for Ad-Aware 2007 WindowsME is not listed as a compatable operating system (though Windows2000 is). Does anyone know whether Ad-Aware 2007 will in fact rum with ME?

If there is doubt I would rather stick with SE, despite the withdrawal of updates. And anyway, all the adverse comments about Ad-Aware 2007 on this forum are not encouraging...

Any info. would be appreciated.

Adie

Hi Adie,

AAW 2007 requires Windows 2000 or higher, so ME is not supported, nor Windows 98. No longer supported by Microsoft either. The reasons why are covered here: http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?showtopic=15293

Here are the system requirements for Ad-Aware 2007 FYI:

System Requirements

Pentium 600 MHz or faster

RAM Operating system +

minimum 50 MB (100 MB

recommended)

50 MB free hard disk space

Operating Systems

Windows 2000

(Pro and Server)

Windows Server 2003

Windows XP

(Home and Pro)

Windows Vista (32 bit)

Web Browsers

Internet Explorer

(version 5.5 or higher)

Firefox (version 1.5 or higher)

Opera (version 9 or higher)

This post by LS CalamityJane is informative as well: http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?s...ost&p=66685

Regards,

Spike

You're welcome :)

This is my second attempt at replying, as a newcomer I'm clearly not too good at this.

My question is, if my OS Windows ME will not support AdAware 2007 and LS will eventually, probably much sooner rather than later, stop any Definition updates, even manual ones, what are our options?

Any help gratefully received

Thanks and ciao

This is my second attempt at replying, as a newcomer I'm clearly not too good at this.

My question is, if my OS Windows ME will not support AdAware 2007 and LS will eventually, probably much sooner rather than later, stop any Definition updates, even manual ones, what are our options?

Any help gratefully received

Thanks and ciao

Since ME was based on the 98 core, you're going to be restricted to using anti-spyware software that still supports Windows 98

Some good products are:-

1) Spybot S&D

2) A-Squared Anti-Malware

3) SpywareBlaster

Edited by Jaheira

Since ME was based on the 98 core, you're going to be restricted to using anti-spyware software that still supports Windows 98

Some good products are:-

1) Spybot S&D

2) A-Squared Anti-Malware

3) SpywareBlaster

SuperAntiSpyware is another choice:

System Requirements:

Windows 98, 98SE, ME, 2000, XP, Vista or Windows 2003

300 Mhz CPU or above

128MB memory (minimum)

SuperAntiSpyware is another choice:

System Requirements:

Windows 98, 98SE, ME, 2000, XP, Vista or Windows 2003

300 Mhz CPU or above

128MB memory (minimum)

Another good alternative, Don!

I started another thread specifically requesting people to post alternatives (although mucked up the title of the thread and then couldn't edit it!!) but it's been locked. Sort of epitomizes the contempt being shown by Lavasoft to 98 and ME users..............

Sign in to follow this