Sign in to follow this  
underdave

Why is it taking so long?

I just installed 2007 and ran my first scan overnight. Well, after 11.5 HOURS, it's still scanning. How long do I need to give it to scan my computer? I would've thought that 11.5 hours would be plenty of time, but no it's still going. I'm assuming that something is wrong and it shouldn't be taking that long, correct?

Wow, I wouldn't say it's still scanning. It probably got hung up on the same file/folder. You should be worried if it takes more than an hour. Usally scans take 30 minutes at the most. But 11 hours, that's a sign that it got hung on file.

I would reboot the system and try scanning again, if it still hangs then I would uninstalled Ad-Aware. REBOOT (important step), and then reinstall.

Hope this helps!

-Mike

Ad-Aware 2007 Beta Tester

Hi underdave,

Another suggestion. Open AAW 2007 and select "Settings > Scanning > Scanning Options":

AAW2007_Plus_settings_1a.gif

Make sure that "Skip files larger" is selected (green tick) and change the file size to that in the screen shot - (sometimes a scan can get bogged-down on a very large or compressed file). The limit I've used is still large enough to cover malware.

Then try scanning again.

Regards,

Spike

Sign in to follow this