Sign in to follow this  
Lekker

How stop from deleting my username & password?

AdAware2007 deletes my username and password from sites where I want to be remembered.

Does anyone have the same problem with AdAware 2007 and know how to fix it? I tried clicking on "Ignore" when selecting the "objects" that reflect the sites where I want to be remembered. AdAware 2007 is supposed to make sure these are not detected in future scans and leave them alone. But it does detect and delete them in subsequent scans.

Any advice welcome.

Lekker

Hi, I have the same problem. There was no problem with Ad-Aware SE but when I upgraded to Ad Aware 2007 it deleted my usernames and passwords. I put in as many as I could remember and scanned again and then ticked ignore. It worked for some but I've noticed that it has deleted some again. Also it's no easy to identify which cookies are the ones you want to keep from the list.

I find it very frustrating. Can anyone help?

I am also experiencing the same problem with all my usernames and passwords disappearing every time i run Ad-aware 2007 since recently upgrading from ad-aware SE. It seems to be OK if i don't delete the detected cookies in which i believe the passwords are stored. The problem is the cookies for the sites that have usernames and passwords saved are not listed in the cookies detected so why are they effected if they are not on the ad-aware list.

If anyone has a solution please let us know as it is getting very frustrating.

Thanks PC_Aussie

Edited by PC_Aussie

Same here... very annoying!

In the meantime I disabled "cookies" under ad-watch realtime protection, collecting all that unwanted crap as well...

Please open AAW 2007 and go to "Tools & Plug-ins > Tracksweep" - make sure that all options are deselected (red cross), then click on save.

Regards,

Spike

Please open AAW 2007 and go to "Tools & Plug-ins > Tracksweep" - make sure that all options are deselected (red cross), then click on save.

Regards,

Spike

Hi Spike, I have gone to tracksweep and all my options are already deselected. There also seems to be no 'Save' button only clean.

All my TrackSweep options are turned off, too. I also tried deleting my settings.aaw file and created a new one with all TrackSweep options off.

Hello again All,

I had to reinstall my licensed version of AAW 2007 last month - forgot to adjust the Tracksweep options and yes, a number of my saved usernames/passwords went west.

I did what Eldan did and deleted my settings.aaw file, reopened AAW 2007 and saved my preferences, this time excluding all TrackSweep options before going to the Settings tab and saving the other desired settings.

Cobber, it might pay to try re-creating your settings.aaw file in that order - delete it from the (default path) C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007, then reopen AAW 2007 and make sure that all Tracksweep options are off, then saving your usual preferences under the Settings tab (ignore "Clean" - that is for those who have Tracksweep enabled).

I think that sequence is the best one.

Regards,

Spike

Eldan,

Just for now, go to "Settings > Scanning" and de-select "Scan for tracking cookies" and then Save.

Post back if that solves your problem - (we'll deal with tracking cookies later).

Regards,

Spike

Eldan,

Just for now, go to "Settings > Scanning" and de-select "Scan for tracking cookies" and then Save.

Post back if that solves your problem - (we'll deal with tracking cookies later).

Regards,

Spike

The only thing I need Ad-aware for is tracking cookies.

Hi knight-gkla,

I also use CookieWall and have done for many years.

Having been designed in 2000 (last update: 2001) it isn't the most sophisticated product. At best, I use it to inform me of cookies as detected during surfing (with "Config" set to notify me every 10 seconds of new cookies).

The "Always Allow" and "Delete Automatically" sections require regular visits to C:\Documents and Settings\"UserName"\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\ to clear out cookies not deleted by CookieWall. That said, it has it's uses in clearing out "Temporarily Allowed" cookies. Forewarned is forearmed.

I don't deny it's usefulness as a tool for being notified about cookies as they are are encountered on a user's PC - simply put, it can't differentiate between (privacy-invading) tracking cookies and harmless (per-session) cookies. It is best used in conjunction with daily/weekly housekeeping sweeps of the Temp Folder.

Regards,

Spike

Edited by spike-nz

Sign in to follow this