Sign in to follow this  
fantasymike

Can't complete a scan with Ad-Ware 2007

I just updated from SE to 2007. Am using Windows XP. When I run a scan, program goes fine until it gets to "Scanning folders (Conditional)" and stops. The runtime clock continues. I've uninstalled 2007 once and re-downloaded and installed it. It ran once just fine and then the same old problem. I use 2007 on another computer and have had no problems with the scans. Now, what?

I just updated from SE to 2007. Am using Windows XP. When I run a scan, program goes fine until it gets to "Scanning folders (Conditional)" and stops. The runtime clock continues. I've uninstalled 2007 once and re-downloaded and installed it. It ran once just fine and then the same old problem. I use 2007 on another computer and have had no problems with the scans. Now, what?

I too em having the exact same problem..... stupid thing ran for 5 hours last night and never completed a thing...... This is the second time this has happened....... I actually deleted adaware and reinstalled it because of this issue....... After I reinstall it I was able to do a FEW scans and now it will not complete the scan AGAIN

I have the exact same problem. When I scan, it stops about 75% of the way through the scan, at the same place

you describe. I can download the updates with no problem. Am hoping someone will come up with a solution, as I would really like to use the scan portion of Ad-aware 2007. I have a Windows XP. I'll be watching your post for any information

to help overcome this problem.

Add me to the list! I'm experiencing the same situations; and, as well, had just switched over from Ad-Ware Se(free). Conducted a re-load; worked, then the same problems appeared. Continues scanning with the notation: "Scanning folders(conditional)" both on Smart Scan and Full Scan. Cannot stop scan(continuous hour-glass). Windows XP is the operating system. Looking for a solution...Thanks.

Edited by Donut

Me too... just posted on another thread about this VERY same problem. I'm also using Windows XP. Too bad they discontinued updates for the SE version. It worked great! This one... I don't know...... :mellow:

Won't work at all on VISTA 64 Bit ....

Freezes at the GUID scan (Stayed put for 17 hours)

Current version updated via the web.

Most of SP1 for Vista installed

HELP !!!

Edited by svt_ky

HELP !!!

I'm having the exact same problem. Please help ;).

I am having the same problem. I have been using 2007 for a few months and always get the latest updates. I hav run adware with the latest upddates 4 times now and it gets stuck about 75% of the way done. It usually get stuck when scanning the folders (Conditional). I tried lowering the file size scanned to 30000 k, but that didn't help. Any othe solution would be a of great assistance.

I'm running Wijndows Vista 64 bit and cannot complete a scan. I recently got the error message - 'no root element found in xml'. Anyone have any suggestions to fix this?

It seems like many of us our having the same problem does anyone have any answers on how to correct this.

I have tried to update and it tells me my files are up to date each time I do that.

I tired scanning for over 24 hours and still would not end a scan.

We need help!!!!!

It seems like many of us our having the same problem does anyone have any answers on how to correct this.

I have tried to update and it tells me my files are up to date each time I do that.

I tired scanning for over 24 hours and still would not end a scan.

We need help!!!!!

Since changing to Ad-Aware2007 this has been a recurring problem. Updating Versions and Definitions over the past 12 months has made no difference. The problem MUST be well known to Lavasoft and apparently they are unable to resolve the matter - or perhaps it is to encourage us all to upgrade to the Paid Versions. Perhaps the solution is to uninstall the Free Version - and leave it uninstalled.

I have had the same issue for a very long time now. I am running Windows XP and I can run the quick scan just fine but when I run the full scan it stops at "scanning IE Favorites" and will go no further. But I have worked with it. However, now I am running into a completely new issue.

I cannot download the updates. I am getting an error message saying error retrieving download every time I try. I wonder if my system is infected with something and I don't know. Any suggestions? :unsure:

Add me to the list of people having problems completing scans with the new 2007 free version (I'm using Windows XP). It first locked up 3/4s finished while "scanning most recently used objects", then later while "scanning folders (conditional)". Happens with smart scan and full scan. I was able to get a complete scan a few times after one update, but now I'm back to the same problem.

Hopefully someone with a solution will notice the increasing number of complaints on this topic. If I figure it out, I'll be sure to post.

Add me to the list of people having problems completing scans with the new 2007 free version (I'm using Windows XP). It first locked up 3/4s finished while "scanning most recently used objects", then later while "scanning folders (conditional)". Happens with smart scan and full scan. I was able to get a complete scan a few times after one update, but now I'm back to the same problem.

Hopefully someone with a solution will notice the increasing number of complaints on this topic. If I figure it out, I'll be sure to post.

Having the same problem as others with XP.

Pretty much the same thing here. Smart Scan works like a champ. Full scan hangs up on "scanning in archives." So far, the longest I've let it run is for 15 hours with no change except for the elapsed time display.

I'd planned to uninstall/reinstall, but if that's not working for anyone else, I'm not going to waste the time.

For what its worth, I'm also running Windows Defender, AVG Antivirus, AVG Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, Norton Security Scan, and Spybot. The thought occurs that there may be a conflict in there somewhere, but none of the earlier versions of Ad-Aware had any problems.

Edited by Zarquan

Pretty much the same thing here. Smart Scan works like a champ. Full scan hangs up on "scanning in archives." So far, the longest I've let it run is for 15 hours with no change except for the elapsed time display.

I'd planned to uninstall/reinstall, but if that's not working for anyone else, I'm not going to waste the time.

For what its worth, I'm also running Windows Defender, AVG Antivirus, AVG Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, Norton Security Scan, and Spybot. The thought occurs that there may be a conflict in there somewhere, but none of the earlier versions of Ad-Aware had any problems.

same here... i left it on overnight and still hasn't finished.. and at the moment its stuck at "scanning inside archives" with no indication of what path it is, although the bar showing almost completed section progress and about half way through overall scan progress. my biggest concern is i can't even stop the scan!! it just refused to stop no matter how many times i clicked at stop... so i have to shut it down to stop.

wish i can go back to the SE.. much easier and simpler to use

I just updated from 2006SE Pro to 2007Pro and have had nothing but problems ever since. I have not been able to get through a single successful scan - I have left it for over 3 hours. I am ready to go out and get another program that will do the same thing - I can't even get anyone from the company to respond to any of my problems. Too bad, they had a great thing going now it is worth nothing to me. Sorry.

Same issue...the only difference is i am using Windows 2000 Professional. I've installed the updates but the scanning stops at - "Scanning folders (Conditional)".

I've not uninstalled and and reinstalled the program so far - Not sure if that would help as some folks have already tried doing so.

I am surprised this issue isn't fixed yet, as i've come across this concern on multiple forums already (with no resolution!)

Bring back Ad aware SE!!!

QUOTE(svt_ky @ Jan 28 2008, 11:06 PM)

HELP !!!

Please tell me someone has found a fix for this as i am also having the same proble!!!!

Hi everyone, I just made a post on "Problems with scanning" then I read this forum, and both speak to the same issue, that the scan does not complete. Please read my earlier post about the solution of stopping the scan, that is if you can. That may be a new problem.

Eleanor

I thought it was just my computer. It takes my old machine 1 minute and 10 seconds to boot Win2K and it takes 2 minutes to start the new bloated Ad-Aware 2007 (It only took seconds to start Ad-Aware SE). I tried a "smart" scan. It ran for 20 minutes and seemed stuck. I used the task manager to stop Ad-aware and then the same thing happened when I tried to "smart" scan my machine again.

For the past few years I have been using Ad-aware and now it is time to try something else. It has been uninstalled.

Sign in to follow this