Sign in to follow this  
150 Baker

Not Valid WIN 32 app

I down load version Ad-Aware 2007 7.0.26 on my dial up line. Then click on to run and get the above error of not a Valid WIN 32 APP. DO I have a security setting wrong. I love the product and have used it in the past. Recently reinstalled Windows XP with service pack two and have all the updates. Should I down load with Trend Micro Turned Off and Firewall off and try. Have tried twice!

Hi 150 Baker,

Please see my response to a similar Topic: ad-aware 2007, download problems

Choose the instructions for your OS - remember to type in exactly as quoted, including any spaces. There are screen shots for Windows 2000 or XP.

Once you have completed this, try installing AAW 2007 Free again.

Regards,

Spike

NB: No, don't turn off your AV or firewall while downloading - once downloaded to a place where you can locate it (ie: C:\My Downloads or similar), then disconnect from the internet and temporarily turn off Trend Micro and your firewall before reinstalling AAW 2007.

Hi 150 Baker,

Please see my response to a similar Topic: ad-aware 2007, download problems

Choose the instructions for your OS - remember to type in exactly as quoted, including any spaces. There are screen shots for Windows 2000 or XP.

Once you have completed this, try installing AAW 2007 Free again.

Regards,

Spike

NB: No, don't turn off your AV or firewall while downloading - once downloaded to a place where you can locate it (ie: C:\My Downloads or similar), then disconnect from the internet and temporarily turn off Trend Micro and your firewall before reinstalling AAW 2007.

I was having the same problem and never could get it to work so I downloaded 7.0.2.5 instead with no problems downloading.

Thats good to hear, dixie78.

Have answered your other post about being unable to Update in Vista.

Regards,

Spike

Sign in to follow this