Sign in to follow this  
bmalvin

PC Tools

I thought I was going through the process of buying and installing Lavasoft's Ad Aware program - Adaware 2007 Plus, and somehow I ended up with Spyware Doctor by PC Tools. Is this the same, is it a scam, or what? Nowhere do I see Lavasoft in the program.

BarryM,

No idea how you managed that - all Lavasoft online purchases are handled by element5. Did you keep your purchase emails? They will tell you what you bought and from where.

You will have to contact the PC Tools website and request a refund from their Support.

Regards,

Spike

FYI: Both programs are legitimate - I repeat, I have no idea you managed to go from the Lavasoft website, buying Ad-Aware 2007, to ending up with PC Tools Spyware Doctor...

I thought I was going through the process of buying and installing Lavasoft's Ad Aware program - Adaware 2007 Plus, and somehow I ended up with Spyware Doctor by PC Tools. Is this the same, is it a scam, or what? Nowhere do I see Lavasoft in the program.

Hello, I use PC Tools Spyware Doctor and Ad-Aware 2007. Call PC Tools Tech Support for help: in the U.S.A. it is 1-800-764-5783

Good Luck,

Wayne

Sign in to follow this