Sign in to follow this  
drkelsey

BUGS Updating AAW2007 free

When I ask AAW2007 free to get updates, it doesn't show anything to tell me if it is updating and doesn't tell me when it has finished. It appears to RUN FOREVER. If I try to start a scan, then I get an error that the "scanner is busy."

If I close out the AAW window, then I get an error message window with "error" at the top and nothing in it.

In either case, I have to force AAW to close (control-alt-delete).

When I restart it, it shows that it DID do the update (but DID NOT tell me while it was running) and then I can scan.

This happens with Windows XP and also with Vista Home Basic.

The AAW SE version did not do this --- it showed when the update was running and when it was finished. I liked the old version better.

I certainly would NOT buy the 2007 version of AAW.

How do I get updates? It gets 5% done and then says there's an error retrieving the update.

It seems that you are running the old version of Ad-Aware SE.....you need to obtain the Ad-Aware 2007 because the SE version is no longer supported....Support for the SE version finished on 31st December 2007

Here is the link for more information

http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?showtopic=16176

Regards

English Teacher

When I ask AAW2007 free to get updates, it doesn't show anything to tell me if it is updating and doesn't tell me when it has finished. It appears to RUN FOREVER. If I try to start a scan, then I get an error that the "scanner is busy."

If I close out the AAW window, then I get an error message window with "error" at the top and nothing in it.

When I restart it, it shows that it DID do the update (but DID NOT tell me while it was running) and then I can scan.

The AAW SE version did not do this --- it showed when the update was running and when it was finished. I liked the old version better.

I am having the same problem. It tells me that it is receiving upadtes but I get the message that update manager is not repsonding. I can close ad-aware but have to use task manager to close the box that the error message is in.

I have the same problem. I'm using XP SP2 and IE 6 (if that makes any difference). It starts up, tells me it's looking for updates, then nothing happens. In order to update my defs etc. I have to uninstall and re-install the whole thing, which is a bit cumbersome to say the least! The version I have on my laptop keeps wanting to go online for no readily apparent reason since I updated it two-three weeks ago, when I just want to run a scan (it's rarely attached to the interweb), and none of my setting changes make any difference.

I also found SE a useful and user-friendly tool, and recommended it to friends, but I'm on the point of uninstalling AAW2007 for good (and having to apologise to my mates for duff advice...).

Kif

I have the same problem. I'm using XP SP2 and IE 6 (if that makes any difference). It starts up, tells me it's looking for updates, then nothing happens. In order to update my defs etc. I have to uninstall and re-install the whole thing, which is a bit cumbersome to say the least! The version I have on my laptop keeps wanting to go online for no readily apparent reason since I updated it two-three weeks ago, when I just want to run a scan (it's rarely attached to the interweb), and none of my setting changes make any difference.

I also found SE a useful and user-friendly tool, and recommended it to friends, but I'm on the point of uninstalling AAW2007 for good (and having to apologise to my mates for duff advice...).

Kif

Hello Kif ;)

Was SE installed before you choose AAW2007

and if so , how did you removed it ?

Raziel

Try returning to 7.0.2.5 ( if you updated the software) It works fine for me on Vista Home Basic, I only get problems with 7.0.2.6

Then don't take the software update.

For those of you with Ad-Aware 2007 having problems with updates, the bug has been found and will be fixed very soon in a software update. In the meantime the workaround for this has been posted here:

Workaround for Updates Crashing Ad-Aware

http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?showtopic=17105

Sign in to follow this