Sign in to follow this  
ColTom2

New Upgrade Installed Now Slow To Load

Hi:

I ran an upgrade yesterday (version 7.0.2.6) and now Ad-Aware 2007 is extremely slow to fully load. It takes about a minute for the new update to fully load. Prior to this upgrade the application loaded almost instantaneously.

You're not alone Tom! I have the very same issue. It seems what was once a good program is being ruined by updates that seem to destroy this program. The older version worked fine, but now after updating, it seems to have deterioriated almost to the point of my removing it from my system. I once considered purchasing the pro version, but now I see where it's probably not worth the money. If they can't keep the free version running properly, I'm sure the paid version will also suffer. It's ridiculus to click the program and wait almost a full minute before it opens. I wish I had never took their latest update.

Have the same problem. I have reverted to the previous version & just downloaded the definition updates - all OK. Hopefully Lavasoft will sort the problem by the time the next def's come out, if not sooner.

Hi

Same problem here. I just uninstalled Ad-aware 2007 free, my son cleaned out the registry of all traces of Ad-aware 2007, got a fresh d/l of the program, installed it. I finally got it to load up and open up. Now the slow load up and still my original problem with the program. It finds nothing.....

Hi:

I just went to http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/Ad-A...load-68528.html and downloaded the Ad-Aware 2007 Free version 7.0.2.6, but it is dated 25 Jan 08 and does not contain the latest application upgrade that has caused this problem. Some sites already have the newer edition for download that can cause the problem and that is the reason that I selected softpedia.com with the version dated 25 Jan 08 which was prior to the problem.

I downloaded and Saved the file and then installed it over the current bad edition. When the download starts it will give you the option of Repairing the "Problem Edition" that you have installed or Removing it. Select "Remove" and then it will automatically remove the bad edition and install the good edition prior to this problem.

Afterwards be sure and ONLY update the Definitions and NOT the program upgrade and this will then allow you to keep your Definitions updated, while at the same time prevent the current application problem, until such time as Lavasoft gets it corrected. My current Definition File is 0049.0000 which is the latest.

Hope this helps.....it did for me.

I can do the same thing as I still have the copy I installed previous to the last update. But if I roll back to that version, I'll always be getting the message that an updated GUI exists. However will we know when the issue has been fixed and a new GUI is out there??? Also if I recall there is now way to not upgrade any of the language files. That is no way to not take the foreign language updates. I tied to remove checkmarks from the french update, but I couldn't remove it. It doesn't make sense to have to take to take foreign language updates if you don't requite them. One previous update showed english and french updates but no way to not take just one. This program is starting to become very frustrating.

Well I tried my luck at DL'ing 2007 again and also saw the upgrade option available and accepted that. Funny thing is, it actually *works* now unlike before when the scanning process would freeze up. it only detected like 26 cookies but still.

However, WTF is up with the red popup in bottom right corner of my screen stating that I could register for free if I buy flowers for Valentines?????

I am having the same problem with slow startup and now I am getting a popup ad to upgrade to the Pro version. Is this program now adware????

Does any one know if the problems (especially the slow loading of AdAware 2007) have been fixed in more recent updates to the software?

Any comments from Lavasoft about this?

recent upload no good

Does any one know if the problems (especially the slow loading of AdAware 2007) have been fixed in more recent updates to the software?

Any comments from Lavasoft about this?

I just installed it a few days ago, and it is worthless as far as I can tell. Tells me I have alot of cookies, but no clue how to get rid of them. Looked everywhere on the website :(:)

Ok people, I finally gave up on the 2007 version. Just too many bugs, slow to load, and doesn't seem to work. I went back to the old SE version. It won't update automatically but you can still get updates at the Lavasoft recent definitions update page. If and when they stop providing the updates, I'll just say goodbye to Lavasoft. I notice a lot of people are seeing cookies but don't know how to delete them. Here's a little tip for all of you. Do yourselves a favor, download and install a great free program called CCleaner. It's been around for years and will take care of "all" your cookie problems plus a heck of a lot of other stuff. It'll also keep your registry clean, uninstall programs, and keep your startup lean just to name a few. You won't be sorry. Warning though on the cookes. Once you install the program go into the cookie section and tell it which cookies you want to ignore. I'm talking about your ISP, your bank, medical places, and all sites you visit regularly that you want to keep. CCleaner will then ignore those cookies and delete all the rest. I run it every day after surfing and whenever adding or deleting a program. It will get rid of all the bits and pieces left behind. The beauty is it only takes a few seconds to run. Updates are fairly easy, there is an update link on the program, it'll tell you if you're running the latest or a newer version available. So far all the updates I've seen are installed over top the old version. Give it a try, you'll be glad you did!

woods--The link you provided for "recent upload no good" does not seem to work. Can you find that thread or post and reprovide the link? Or tell me roughly what it said. Thanks.

Edited by jcimarron

chunker and all--When I had the problem with the recent GUI and language update, I uninstalled AdAware 2007 and reinstalled it. (Actually, I downloaded and installed the latest install file, which was later than the AA2007 I had had.) When the time came to update (like reference definition files), I just declined the GUI/language update. The reference definition files installed with no problem.

Now AdAware 2007 loads reasonably quickly as it did before. I get no ad popups. But maybe that is because I use a HOSTS file and have a large number of sites in my IE Restricted Sites.

Edited by jcimarron

Have the same problem. I have reverted to the previous version & just downloaded the definition updates - all OK. Hopefully Lavasoft will sort the problem by the time the next def's come out, if not sooner.

I have done it that way. After the last software update needed when starting the program 30 seconds! :) :angry:

Ad Aware SE was better and in german Language! B)

Edited by Viking

Post for upload

woods--The link you provided for "recent upload no good" does not seem to work. Can you find that thread or post and reprovide the link? Or tell me roughly what it said. Thanks.

I just load what came up on google when I entered a search for Ad Aware.

The recent slowdown issues with the latest program update have been finally determined and should be resolved at this point. Just to pass this along from the home office which I received this morning.

Note from LS Michael regarding the slowed launch of Ad-Aware.

Just a quick note on the topic of the slowed launch of Ad-Aware. We don’t have any major problems with the updates, as some have surmised. It is simply a result of a short-term special Valentine’s campaign for all Ad-Aware freeware users (thus the messages that some Free users were referring to). With the feedback from the performance, our developers are modifying behind the scenes for the new message system to avoid any future delays in the product launch for all versions. Since the Valentine message expired yesterday, you should be experiencing normal launch times.

To learn more about the new message system, please see the following posts:

Software Update 7.0.2.6

http://www.lavasoft.com/company/blog/?p=313

and

Software Update 7.0.2.6 January 10th, 2008

http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?s...amp;#entry58489

As I understand it, the problem should now be resolved as the message is no longer there.

It took a few days to figure out exactly what was causing the problem, so thanks for your patience. They did find it.

I noticed that my copy of 7.0.2.6 is running faster at startup. I did not download anything but did run the "Udate" function which is faster now.

I noticed that my copy of 7.0.2.6 is running faster at startup. I did not download anything but did run the "Udate" function which is faster now.

Yes,the last Update is okay! :)

Hi:

Just ran the program upgrade again and installed. Everything as far as the program slow loading is now back to normal.

Thanks!

LS CalamityJane--Installed the software update. Yes, AdAware 2007 now opens almost immediately.

Thanks.

P.S. May I suggest that Lavasoft post the next time to tell people to expect something different after installing an update?

Hello All,

Adding my 2 cents worth - I am subscribed to both the Defs Update forum and the Software Upgrades Topic, which means that I am emailed whenever a new entry is posted.

To subscribe is easy - firstly click on the link to the Defs Update section. In the right hand side to the title bar, click on "Forum Options" and select "Subscribe to this forum" and then select your email notification preference.

For the Software Updates Topic, click on "Options" in the title bar and select "Track this Topic", selecting email preferences again.

No more scanning the board for Update posts, or clicking on "Update" every time that you open AAW 2007... ^_^

Regards,

Spike

Sign in to follow this