Sign in to follow this  
jpmackay

Can delete Ad-Watch desktop icon?

Just wondering if I can delete the desktop icon of Ad-Watch because I have a freeware program of Ad-aware 2007. I was trying to delete the icon but the message came up and mentioned that I should remove in Add/Remove Program. I am afraid that there isn't one to remove so will that be safe to delete the icon of Ad-watch from the desktop? Your reply would be appreciated.

Thank you,

John P. Mackay

Belleville, ON Canada eh?

Just wondering if I can delete the desktop icon of Ad-Watch because I have a freeware program of Ad-aware 2007. I was trying to delete the icon but the message came up and mentioned that I should remove in Add/Remove Program. I am afraid that there isn't one to remove so will that be safe to delete the icon of Ad-watch from the desktop? Your reply would be appreciated.

Thank you,

John P. Mackay

Belleville, ON Canada eh?

Hello John,

One of the annoying things about this 'knowledgeable' forum....rather like being stranded on the street with your car.

Everyone just walks by without asking you if you need help.

Folks have looked at your post, but chosen not to reply, including the Moderators who see all the posts.

Sad reality I think.

I have deleted the icon from mine, and it should not be a problem if you do.

The 'pieces' for Ad-Watch are all there in the Lavasoft library, but are not turned on because you are running the free version.

From the Great White North,

Canonman

Hi John,

Yes, if you are using the Free version of AAW 2007, you may safely remove the Ad-Watch icon. As canonman said, it relates to the licensed Plus and Pro versions of AAW 2007 and is not required by Free users.Unlike AAW SE which had separate install files for both the free and licensed versions, in AAW 2007 all versions use the same installer. I will ask the Devs if there is a different icon-loading method possible, to avoid this confusion.

@ canonman

Folks have looked at your post, but chosen not to reply

Most users would not know how to respond - you do and you have.

including the Moderators who see all the posts

This is both the first time that I have read this post (take a look at how many I have answered) and the first time that I have been alerted to the Ad-Watch icon being loaded for AAW 2007 Free users. As you can see, I am doing something about it (in my own free time, unpaid, voluntarily.... need I go on?).

One of the annoying things about this 'knowledgeable' forum....rather like being stranded on the street with your car.

Everyone just walks by without asking you if you need help.... Sad reality I think.

One of the more cynical, negative responses of recent times... the last part of your post was both helpful and relevant. Would have been nice just to see that :angry:

Regards,

Spike

Hi John,

Yes, if you are using the Free version of AAW 2007, you may safely remove the Ad-Watch icon. As canonman said, it relates to the licensed Plus and Pro versions of AAW 2007 and is not required by Free users.Unlike AAW SE which had separate install files for both the free and licensed versions, in AAW 2007 all versions use the same installer. I will ask the Devs if there is a different icon-loading method possible, to avoid this confusion.

@ canonman

Most users would not know how to respond - you do and you have.

This is both the first time that I have read this post (take a look at how many I have answered) and the first time that I have been alerted to the Ad-Watch icon being loaded for AAW 2007 Free users. As you can see, I am doing something about it (in my own free time, unpaid, voluntarily.... need I go on?).

One of the more cynical, negative responses of recent times... the last part of your post was both helpful and relevant. Would have been nice just to see that :)

Regards,

Spike

Hi Spike :angry:

This guy neither needs help nor want it . I've tried several times ( I'm not the expert he excepted B) ).

We should let play him in his sandbox ( as he called this forum ).

Kindly Regards

Raziel