• Announcements

• LS.Andy

Support for other products than adaware, ad block, web protection and Web Companion   05/05/2017

Support for the following products is handled by the Lavasoft support team: Lavasoft Tuneup Kit Lavasoft PC Optimizer Lavasoft Driver Updater Lavasoft Registry Tuner Lavasoft Privacy Toolbox Lavasoft File Shredder Lavasoft Digital Lock

For help with these products, contact the support team here: http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter/

Sign in to follow this  
rockngcc

UNABLE TO UNINSTALL AD-AWARE SE PERSONAL

Hi Janice,

I have already responded to your post in this thread.

There is an AAW SE FAQ which sets out how to manually uninstall: I am unable to uninstall my Ad-Aware SE. I receive a message saying, "Can’t find Install.log."

There are several alternatives you can use to uninstall Ad-Aware SE:

• Click "Uninstall Ad-Aware" in the Lavasoft folder of your Start menu.
  • If you are unable to do that, open your control panel, click "Add/remove programs," and locate Ad-Aware SE.
  • Another method to uninstall is to locate and double-click the file "unwise.exe" (the .exe may not be shown). You should be able to find this file in C:\program files\lavasoft\Ad-Aware SE [Personal/Plus/Professional]\.

If the above alternatives do not work, or you get a message saying, "Can’t find Install.log," you will need to manually uninstall the software. To do this:

• Click on "My Computer" and locate your Lavasoft Ad-Aware SE folder (C:\program files\lavasoft\ad-aware).
  • Run the file "unregaaw.exe".
  • Delete the entire Ad-Aware SE folder.
  • Delete your Lavasoft Ad-Aware SE link in your Start menu (if present).
  • Delete the Ad-Aware SE icon (s) from your desktop (if present).
  • Navigate to "C:\Documents and Settings\[user Name] \Application Data\Lavasoft" and delete the entire Lavasoft folder.
  • Empty your trash bin.
  • Reboot your computer.

Before rebooting at the end of the process, click on "Start > Run" and type in cleanmgr then hit Enter.

Clean out any leftovers found before rebooting.

To ensure that all traces of Ad-Aware SE Personal have been removed, please download and install this program "Microsoft Windows Install Clean-up Utility" (WICU) from here,

Please run the WICU locating and removing all traces (either program or registry) of Ad-Aware.

Please advise how you get on.

Regards,

Spike

It may be a blessing in disguise

You may want to re-think removing the SE. I did and upgraded to the 2007...which in my opinion can't compare to the SE. I sure wish I hadn't removed mine!!!! Read the feedback on the new 2207...it's not good.

I have done every thing I can to remove this STUPID Soft ware!!

Can some one PLEASE help me?

Thank you for your time.

Janice

It may be a blessing in disguise

You may want to re-think removing the SE. I did and upgraded to the 2007...which in my opinion can't compare to the SE. I sure wish I hadn't removed mine!!!! Read the feedback on the new 2207...it's not good.

I had trouble with AAW 2007 too, so I reverted to SE via System Restore. I know it's a bit late for you on this occasion, but always create a restore point before installing any new software/program in case things go wrong.

Sign in to follow this