Sign in to follow this  
Stewart Fluney

Ad-Aware 2007

I have recently installed the free version of Ad-Aware 2007 and removed Ad-Aware SE Personal which Lavasoft advise they no longer support. My operating system is Microsoft's Window XP - Home Edition.

I have four questions that have come up from the above installation:

1. I have done a Smart Scan and a Full Scan but neither appears to identify any Tracking Cookies and none are shown in the quarantine area even though I have selected and saved this option as directed. There are always Tracking Cookies and they always came up when I scanned using the Ad-Aware SE Personal program. I would quarantine them temporarily and then remove some time later.

2. My second question is why doesn't the Ad-Aware 2007 program give me a Log Report when using the Full Scan? It only

gave me a report for the Smart Scan.

I am wondering if something may have gone wrong during installation of Ad-Aware 2007 and it may be advisable to re-install.

3. Under Safety in Settings, should "Safe Mode" be checked and, if so, please explain why.

4. Also under Safety in Settings, should the circle beside Delete Restored Items be checked and, if so, why?

Many thanks for your response and co-operation. I posted the first two questions on this web forum on Feb. 9th but have

not received an answer.

Stewart Fluney

Sorry to say, I am unable to answer any of your questions.

I am having my own problems with Ad-Aware 2007:

When I run a scan, as many as 90 Privacy Objects are detected. All are Tracking Cookies. Since they usually all appear unnecessary to keep, I usually remove them all. In doing so I think I am removing necessary cookies that allow be to open certain web sites without having to sign in each time I try to open them. These web sites are my Gmail account, my My Yahoo page, & a Wall Street Journal site called "In Today's Paper". I check carefully before removing to see if any of the Tracking Cookies I am about to remove have anything to do with the web sites I just mentioned. They usually do not, so I remove them. If they do, I "Ignore" them. I have asked every Tech Support group I have access to what to do about this. Nobody has an answer.

As far as I am concerned, Lavasoft should have never put out Ad-Aware 2007. Ad-Aware SE Personal was doing a perfectly adequate job.

Thanks,

ABM

Sorry to say, I am unable to answer any of your questions.

I am having my own problems with Ad-Aware 2007:

When I run a scan, as many as 90 Privacy Objects are detected. All are Tracking Cookies. Since they usually all appear unnecessary to keep, I usually remove them all. In doing so I think I am removing necessary cookies that allow be to open certain web sites without having to sign in each time I try to open them. These web sites are my Gmail account, my My Yahoo page, & a Wall Street Journal site called "In Today's Paper". I check carefully before removing to see if any of the Tracking Cookies I am about to remove have anything to do with the web sites I just mentioned. They usually do not, so I remove them. If they do, I "Ignore" them. I have asked every Tech Support group I have access to what to do about this. Nobody has an answer.

As far as I am concerned, Lavasoft should have never put out Ad-Aware 2007. Ad-Aware SE Personal was doing a perfectly adequate job.

Thanks,

ABM

*************************************************************************************

This is my first time using this posting so I am not sure if I am replying properly.

I also "upgraded" to 2007 free version from SE and I cannot do a full or partial scan of my files anymore. The fukk scan hangs up while scanning "conditinal" files and the partial scan hangs "reviewing previous reviwed files." I don't know how to correct. SE was doing the job before so I am not sure why I had to upgrade. Thanks.

Sign in to follow this