Sign in to follow this  
Richard Budig

What's wrong with my post -- error messages?

I installed AA2007 a couple of days ago, and started getting this message when I try to removed detected risks:

Ad Aware 2007 An Error Has Occured

Cleaning, unable to remove file

Suggested Action

Will be removed after you restart your computer

Whe I click Finish, I get this message:

There are unhandled objects, do you still want to finish?

The first time or two that I ran smart scan, it removed these items.

(See two attachments, please

I'm using Windows XP Home on a year old HP Notebook with double processors.

I'm really not very happy with this new version. The old SE worked like a charm. Had few bells and whistle and few settings to twiddle with. If I could get it back, I would.

post-65-1205370147.gif

post-65-1205370163.gif

Edited by LS CalamityJane
Replaced large jpgs with smaller gifs to reduce file size

EXACT same problem here. Just D/L the new version of adaware - trying to rid the wife's system of win32.trojandownloader.delf evidently. I get the same popups - and the malware doesn't go away. Keeps re-loading itself after re-boot. adaware finds it every scan, but doesn't seem to remove/quarantine it.

any help on this post would be appreciated!!!

TIA

I posted this topic a day ago, and it was closed. Did I post it in the wrong place, or is it inappropriate to ask for help?

I have a back-up hard drive on which I back up my entire computer every 15 days. I'm sure my old version of aa is still there. I'm sorely tempted to restore it and continue using it. This new version of aa2007 has been difficult to non-working since I installed it.

Here is my post from yesterday. Will someone tell me what is wrong with it.

--------------------

I installed AA2007 a couple of days ago, and started getting this message when I try to removed detected risks:

Ad Aware 2007 An Error Has Occured

Cleaning, unable to remove file

Suggested Action

Will be removed after you restart your computer

Whe I click Finish, I get this message:

There are unhandled objects, do you still want to finish?

The first time or two that I ran smart scan, it removed these items.

(See two attachments, please

I'm using Windows XP Home on a year old HP Notebook with double processors.

I'm really not very happy with this new version. The old SE worked like a charm. Had few bells and whistle and few settings to twiddle with. If I could get it back, I would.

Never mind.

I pulled the old SE version of my external hard drive, put it in a new directory (folder), renamed it, resurrected it and put a shortcut on my desktop. Went to the Lavasoft site and downloaded new definitions, and went back to using the old version.

I did that because it works. The new version --aa 2007 -- is too buggy . . . like a virgin on a date . . . doesn't want to do anything but sit there and look pretty. Sadly, I need a program that actually works.