Sign in to follow this  
chukeej

Update SSL download

:o I just downloaded Ad-Aware 2007 Free to my Windows XP pc. I installed the .exe program. When I tried to "update" it, I get this msg: "Update - SSL download failed. Suggested action - Run Web Update".

When I run Web Update, I get the same error msg above. I would appreciate any advice on how to successfully update it. Also, when I d/loaded/installed Ad-Aware 2007, it also apparently installed (??) Ad-Watch 2007 as this icon is on my desktop along with icon for Ad-Aware 2007. I do not want Ad-Watch 2007., and don't know why the icon is on my desktop since it is not in Add/Remove Programs. Can I delete Ad-Watch icon (says it will delete shortcut but not the program itself???) - how do I delete the program itself? will deleting it affect Ad-Adware 2007? Thanks for help.

Hi chukeej :rolleyes:

Please try this at first and let us know how it works for you.

>> http://www.lavasoft.com/support/faq_aaw2007.php#11 <<

Cheerio

Raziel :D

Let me know your current version.

Was SE installed before you downloaded 2007 ?

SE was uninstalled before I d/loaded AdAware 2007. (I have no current version at this time). As per instructions in your web link above, I disabled Zone Alarm and AVG and Windows firewall and tried to install aaw2007.exe while connected to the internet.

Still no success. I get this msg with: Repair option, or Remove (as default) which says "uninstall AdAware2007 from this computer". Now why should I want to uninstall it when all I am trying to do is install it?

Would appreciate any further advice. Thank you.

Hi chukeej :rolleyes:

Please try this at first and let us know how it works for you.

>> http://www.lavasoft.com/support/faq_aaw2007.php#11 <<

Cheerio

Raziel :D

I tried the Manual Update (to update from 0052 to 0053) as per above FAQ, downloaded the core.zip, unzipped to the appropriate folder C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007) *

I had version 0052 and the proposed update was to 0053. It did not work, the update did not take place. Then I thought I try to put the core.zip in that folder, it it not work either. Any suggestions please

Regards

Blake7

I had the same issue, I just deleted the icon, no problem. As far as I know the free issue uses the same installation files, when you register it ( and pay for it) certain features are activated. So that is why you can not uninstall the Ad_Watch itself.

Regards

Blake7

:D I just downloaded Ad-Aware 2007 Free to my Windows XP pc. I installed the .exe program. When I tried to "update" it, I get this msg: "Update - SSL download failed. Suggested action - Run Web Update".

When I run Web Update, I get the same error msg above. I would appreciate any advice on how to successfully update it. Also, when I d/loaded/installed Ad-Aware 2007, it also apparently installed (??) Ad-Watch 2007 as this icon is on my desktop along with icon for Ad-Aware 2007. I do not want Ad-Watch 2007., and don't know why the icon is on my desktop since it is not in Add/Remove Programs. Can I delete Ad-Watch icon (says it will delete shortcut but not the program itself???) - how do I delete the program itself? will deleting it affect Ad-Adware 2007? Thanks for help.

I have the same problem, running Ad-Aware 2007 ver 7.0.2.6. Tried these steps:

- removed AAW using Windows XP add/remove programs

- rebooted

- re-installed latest AAW 2007 version

- disabled Norton firewall

- disabled XP firewall

Still get same error "ssl download failed, run Webupdate". Running Webupdate also produces same error. Tried multiple times over several hour period.

System:

Windows XP SP2

Dell XPS 410 quad-proc (Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 CPU)

4GB RAM

SATA 640 GB RAID 0 disk

It's been happening to me this afternoon. Like the others who posted here, I first got the "SSL Download Failed...Try Webupdate" message. Webupdate failed and issued the same error message.

My version of the program is Ad-Aware 2007 7.0.2.6

Something is definitely broken in Ad-Aware 2007 and/or the website that hosts the update files. There are too many posts from different users with exactly the same problem.

Have a good one,

Big Al Mintaka

Yep, same thing happening to me over here, too. And I've had my version of Ad-Aware 2007 installed since December, and nothing has been done about Ad-Aware crashing when uploading the latest definition files. Boy oh boy...What else is in store for us?

Here is the direct link to download the latest definition updates for Ad-Aware 2007:

http://www.lavasoft.com/single/mirror_down....php?f=UdGW2BN1

Here is a link to the Lavasoft Blog where the updates can be found in the future:

http://www.lavasoft.com/support/securitycenter/blog/

Regards,

SpySentinel

Here is the direct link to download the latest definition updates for Ad-Aware 2007:

Here is a link to the Lavasoft Blog where the updates can be found in the future:

http://www.lavasoft.com/support/securitycenter/blog/

Regards,

SpySentinel

Hi I went to this and it downloaded it as core 1

in a folder what am I suppose to do now??? It's not in the lava soft.

Help

Hi I went to this and it downloaded it as core 1

in a folder what am I suppose to do now??? It's not in the lava soft.

Help

I think we all might as well relax - and let them figure it out that THEY have a problem. I am going to IGNORE it until I see a post in here that someone is certain it has been fixed. It's not worth the hassle to me to keep trying things that don't work.

As I posted on another thread (perhaps the wrong thread,) the same thing is happening to me, and I had been under the impression it was because your servers were just incredibly busy today. Now I'm not so sure, because I tried doing the manual update from your website, downloading the .zip file and extracting it to my program files, and still my Ad-Aware 2007 is not successfully updated. Still have version 58.0000, that is.

I think we all might as well relax - and let them figure it out that THEY have a problem. I am going to IGNORE it until I see a post in here that someone is certain it has been fixed. It's not worth the hassle to me to keep trying things that don't work.

Well, as I've posted on the other thread at this post, I've now downloaded the same zip file twice, and extracted it three times, and I'm still not updated. As the previous poster noted, the problem is apparently on your end, and I too am disinclined to keep trying things that don't work.

--

OK, I get the SSL download failure message too.

Ad-Aware 2007 Version 7.0.2.6 Free

Last Update: 3/6/2008 0058.0000

I did a few webupdates yesterday without problem (3/9/2008). Today, nothing but SSL download errors.

Definitely Lavasoft's problem. Tried turning firewall off too-no luck. Not using a proxy server.

the core.zip file works .. when you installed the program if you clicked all users .. the path that you need to put the core file in is C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007 -- not the program directory like the help file says in the program .. you can also double check this by clicking the settings of webupdate .. and it shows the path .. ;)

I also getting SSL Download Failed and I went out to site and I went out to site to try and manually get v59 as I had v58 (I believe) from last week and I couldn't get that to take so I tried to "reinstall" 2007Free over the top and chose "repair" in case I had lost something and that appeared to be successful and afterwards I still got "SSL Download Failed" and so I went back to site and tried "install" 2007Free again and this time I chose "uninstall" old first and then "installed" a "new" 2007Free again and the uninstall went good and the new install worked without a hitch only when it came up I had v45 when it should have been v59 (I had v58 before the new install) and I still got SSL Download Failed now matter what I seemed to try or where I tried it from. I tried to "unizip" the manual update(s) from the website also and can't get those to work either. I ASSUME THE TROUBLE IS ON LAVASOFT'S END BECAUSE I HAVE NOT DONE ANYTHING TO DESERVE THIS NOR HAVE I CHANGED ANYTHING AND I DOWNLOADED A "FRESH" SETUP SO I CAN'T FIGURE IT OUT ON MY END.

Just wanted to add my name to this thread to let Lavasoft know that there is yet another user experiencing this same problem. No, I did NOT have Ad-aware SE on this system prior to installing Ad-aware 2007 and I had been able to download and add updates successfully up until several weeks ago. Since that time I have consistently received the "SSL download failed" messages when trying both regular updates and Webupdate.

Also, the problem is clearly *NOT* in my system as was suggested earlier in the thread. I have tried with firewalls and anti-virus programs disabled with no change to the problem. Also, I can download and add updates to *ALL* other software on my system with no problem whatsover.

This seems almost certainly an Ad-aware/Lavasoft issue.

the core.zip file works .. when you installed the program if you clicked all users .. the path that you need to put the core file in is C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007 -- not the program directory like the help file says in the program .. you can also double check this by clicking the settings of webupdate .. and it shows the path .. :rolleyes:

Ok I get what your saying Brian but what do I do now that it's in a file that states core 1????? I don't know

about unzipping etc so I need steps on what to do next.

Map

Regards,

SpySentinel

I too have had the same problems very recently, that is the SSL download failure message but have been having problems for quite a while regarding downloading the updates, they have been taking ages to ignite but have done eventually, up until recently.

After the update via the link above I now have version 59 (was stuck on version 58). Just make sure you put the core.aawdef file in:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007

:rolleyes: