Sign in to follow this  
kcbear

Error 1810-service is not online- application terminates

Welcome to the Lavasoft Support Forums

The 1810 error indicates that the Service (aawservice.exe) has been stopped and therefore AAW 2007, which is dependent on the Service cannot run.

Lets see if you can get a scan to run this way:

• Close Ad-Aware 2007
  • Go to the start menu, click 'Run...' and type in 'services.msc'
  • In the services window, locate 'Ad-Aware 2007 Service', select it and click 'Stop'
  • Once the service has been stopped, click on "Start"
  • Then re-open Ad-Aware 2007 and try running a scan

post-4454-1191884619.gif

Please let me know if this helps

Regards,

SpySentinel

Edited by SpySentinel

Folks,

I too am having problems with error 1810.

I went to the services.msc Ad-aware is not even listed in there at all.

I re-loaded the program several times.

What else can I do?

------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to the Lavasoft Support Forums

The 1810 error indicates that the Service (aawservice.exe) has been stopped and therefore AAW 2007, which is dependent on the Service cannot run.

Lets see if you can get a scan to run this way:

• Close Ad-Aware 2007
  • Go to the start menu, click 'Run...' and type in 'services.msc'
  • In the services window, locate 'Ad-Aware 2007 Service', select it and click 'Stop'
  • Once the service has been stopped, click on "Start"
  • Then re-open Ad-Aware 2007 and try running a scan

post-4454-1191884619.gif

Please let me know if this helps

Regards,

SpySentinel

Thanks Spysentinal,

i tried this however only gave me the option to start, not stop or anything else. Had downloaded it again and will reinstall and see how i go.

Will keep you informed.

Anyone having any luck fixing the 1810 error problem? My dad upgraded not too long ago and is getting this error and there is nothing listed for Adaware in Services.msc. He ran the 2007 install as an upgrade instead of uninstalling Personal SE (which, through personal experience with Lavasoft is not a good idea). Did anyone else in this thread upgrade instead of uninstalling and then installing 2007?

He ran the 2007 install as an upgrade instead of uninstalling Personal SE (which, through personal experience with Lavasoft is not a good idea)

That is correct. It is better if you uninstall Ad-Aware SE before installing Ad-Aware 2007. Try doing just that and see what happens.

That is correct. It is better if you uninstall Ad-Aware SE before installing Ad-Aware 2007. Try doing just that and see what happens.

I found a way to make it work but it wasn't through the normal add/remove applications protocol.

I found a way to make it work but it wasn't through the normal add/remove applications protocol.

How did you get it to work. I ask because many users have this same problem and its good if they see this thread, and can fix it themselves. Thats why we like when members find fixes and post them.

Well, I will tell you how I ultimately fix this case. My personal case was actually different. But for my dad I had him delete any Lavasoft folders (directories) and use CCleaner to cleanup anything left behind. No doubt CCleaner is going to see missing files so it's going to want to clean up unrelated files or registry entries. We could not get it uninstalled from Add/Remove Programs. Only Personal SE Edition showed in Add/Remove and not the 2007 Edition. Even though the installed desktop icon was for 2007. When he tried to run Lavasoft he did so from the desktop icon and got the orginal error of "1810" or whatever. To be clear here I had him delete all 2007 and Personal Edition folders, etc. Then we downloaded the latest version of 2007 and installed it. This is the short version all though it was a bigger process. My dad isn't very computer savvy and when you're trying to help over the phone long distance the problem is more pronounced.

So you know we did use the Microsoft Windows Install Cleanup Utility but no Lavasoft program was ever listed. We looked for varied names and found nothing.

Edited by SBMongoos

Sign in to follow this