• Announcements

• Andrew Browne

Support for other products than adaware, ad block and Web Companion

Support for the following products is handled by the Lavasoft support team: Lavasoft Tuneup Kit Lavasoft PC Optimizer Lavasoft Driver Updater Lavasoft Registry Tuner Lavasoft Privacy Toolbox Lavasoft File Shredder Lavasoft Digital Lock

For help with these products, contact the support team here: http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter/

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
michka

How Do I install manually downloaded Updates Defenition Files

1 post in this topic

I am having problems with my computer where I keep getting errors that pop-up on my screen saying "programs have encountered errors and need to be closed..." (ex: "QBUpdate Module has encountered a problem and needs to be closed...", or "JUSched.exe Module has encountered a problem and needs to be closed..."). I am assuming that I have some sort of Malware issue:

1. So before I run an Ad-Aware scan, I tried to get the latest updates for the Definition Files for Ad-Aware SE that I had installed, I was not able to connect through the Ad-Aware SE console and download automatically - I get an error When I click on the Update Button.

2. I then un-installed Ad-Aware SE and Installed Ad-Aware 2007, thinking that I would get the latest definition files with that install. The definition file version were 0045.0000.

3. Again, when I click on "update" to automatically update the definition files through the Ad-Aware 2007 console, I get the same error (Ad-Aware 2007 Module has encountered a problem and needs to be closed...).

4. Finally, I manually downloaded the latest posted definition files on te Lavasoft site (0055.0000 ), but am not sure how to install these updates.

Pleae help - additionally, any info on the reason why I get the errors (ex: Ad-Aware 2007 Module has encountered a problem and needs to be closed) would be very helpful.

Thanks;

Michka

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0