Sign in to follow this  
pagefam2

I am so sick of adware 2007 no scan will finish

Hi I have tried many of your suggestions and one was to change some of the settings

and it will not let me change them I also read that maybe norton could interfere with it

and I have tired to turn norton off while it scans and have had not luck my norton after

awhile comes back on again.

Since we had to switch from SE too this it's been a nightmare. I am wondering if there

is something else out there that is free as well that is not such a headache as this

as it seems lava soft could care less on fixing the problems.

I have xp

any help would be appreciated I am about ready to remove it completely as it's doing me no good.

Hi I have tried many of your suggestions and one was to change some of the settings

and it will not let me change them I also read that maybe norton could interfere with it

and I have tired to turn norton off while it scans and have had not luck my norton after

awhile comes back on again.

Since we had to switch from SE too this it's been a nightmare. I am wondering if there

is something else out there that is free as well that is not such a headache as this

as it seems lava soft could care less on fixing the problems.

I have xp

any help would be appreciated I am about ready to remove it completely as it's doing me no good.

Hi

How did you delete SE ?

tfa

Raziel

Hi

How did you delete SE ?

tfa

Raziel

I deleted it just as it shows to do so. I don't show it on my computer. I still can't complete a scan and

about ready to give up with this program.

Sometimes a scan can get hung-up on large or compressed files - please open AAW 2007 and select "Settings > Scanning" and under the "Scanning Options" section, enable (green tick) the "Skip files larger..." option, changing the file size as per this screen shot:

post-4454-1201571348.gif

Then try both Smart and Full scans - they are more thorough than SE so will take a bit longer anyway.

Please post back with how you get on.

Regards,

SpySentinel

Sometimes a scan can get hung-up on large or compressed files - please open AAW 2007 and select "Settings > Scanning" and under the "Scanning Options" section, enable (green tick) the "Skip files larger..." option, changing the file size as per this screen shot:

post-4454-1201571348.gif

Then try both Smart and Full scans - they are more thorough than SE so will take a bit longer anyway.

Please post back with how you get on.

Regards,

SpySentinel

I tried that too as I had seen your post in another area it did get further then it normally

does but it still would not finish after hours. So I don't know what to do next.

Map

I deleted it just as it shows to do so. I don't show it on my computer. I still can't complete a scan and

about ready to give up with this program.

I

I deleted just as it instructs you to do and I don't show it anywhere on my

computer.

I tried that too as I had seen your post in another area it did get further then it normally

does but it still would not finish after hours. So I don't know what to do next.

Map

I did try to do this once before and it would not let me change the settings.

this time it has so I am trying a scan again. Will let you know if it works.

Map

Please let us know so we can get to the bottom of this!

Hi I was able to complete a quick scan and will set to do the full one once I am ready to get off line.

If I have a problem I will come back and post here again.

Map

Glad to hear you got the Quick scan to work. Let us know if a Full scan Works!

Glad to hear you got the Quick scan to work. Let us know if a Full scan Works!

Well before doing a full scan I thought I better do an update and that would not let

me it states an error occurred then states SSL download failed run web update

which I went to the side bar and tried to do a web update and it said the same

thing as above so now I can't update. I could before at least do an update

please advise thanks

Map

As you will see from other threads, the 'SSL download fail' error has only recently occurred. It is unrelated to the problem you are having and is yet to be fixed by Lavasoft.

Lavasoft has fixed the problem, try now.

I just have tried to update again and it just keeps saying getting

information about updates.....please wait and I have waited for

quite some time and still nothing. Still in need of help????

Also I tried to do going to the website directly on a link you gave in another post

and tired to update their directly and it gave me a file called core one and it is a zip

file I don't have anything to upzip it and am not going to buy something else. What do

I do with this file now. Can I just delete it and will that remove it or do I need to

do something else as well. Please advise.

Monica

:) I had changed the skip files larger to 30000 it still hangs up, last post, i decreased the size as mentioned unclicked unload modules, did a scan, and now gets hung up. Whats up ad aware may have had update problems in the past but not with the scans

:) I had changed the skip files larger to 30000 it still hangs up, last post, i decreased the size as mentioned unclicked unload modules, did a scan, and now gets hung up. Whats up ad aware may have had update problems in the past but not with the scans

I was finally able this morning to do updates and do both scans. So what ever is going on

lava soft must be working on it.

Thanks for the help

Sign in to follow this