Sign in to follow this  
JanMary

Scan is stuck

Hi!

Would love some help if someone can offer some...Ad Aware 2007 free edition has been working well since installation, running both full scans and smart scans....

Until last night....3/4 complete, it got stuck on "scanning files, conditonal" and ran for 10 hours with no progress. I tried again this morning with the same result.

The whole system seems slower than usual as it begins, as well.

Thank you in advance.

JanMary

Hi!

Would love some help if someone can offer some...Ad Aware 2007 free edition has been working well since installation, running both full scans and smart scans....

Until last night....3/4 complete, it got stuck on "scanning files, conditonal" and ran for 10 hours with no progress. I tried again this morning with the same result.

Thank you in advance.

JanMary

I have the same problem after update to def file 58? I found an old post to raise the size of files not to scan (in settings) but that didn't help. When I first installed aw 2007 I had the same problem and it never worked untill they came out with an updated version. So I'm frustrated too. I've un-installed and re-installed but same problem,

Did you also update Windows yesterday? If you did not shut down your computer to let those updates install, that could be what Ad-Aware is getting hung up on. Try shutting down your computer and wait for the windows updates to install. Then give it a minute and start your computer again. THen see if you are able to complete a scan?

I;m stuck also, i decreased to 30000, unclikced the unload modules, reclicked the modules, i never had problesm with scans with SE, maybe a few def updates problems but no scanning problems, i just installed the product and it worked. I didn't have to change this and that, reinstall etc. Geez :)

Hi!

Thank you in advance.

JanMary

Hi, and Thank you....

I reduced scan to ignore files larger than 30000, and ran a full scan this morning...I'm so happy! It took an hour, and was successful. Thank you for the suggestion.

JanMary

Did you also update Windows yesterday? If you did not shut down your computer to let those updates install, that could be what Ad-Aware is getting hung up on. Try shutting down your computer and wait for the windows updates to install. Then give it a minute and start your computer again. THen see if you are able to complete a scan?

Didn't update windows, but saw the note about reducing files to 30000 & to ignore larger ones. Did that then ran a full scan....it worked! Thank you for your help. It took an hour, which didn't seem unreasonable.

JanMary

I have installed the free edition as well and it keeps getting stuck at the Scan Conditional folders. I have uninstalled Lavasoft and reinstalled it on three different occasions and it keeps doing the same thing. Please help me in resolving this problem.

Hello Debbye,

Have you tried adjusting the "skip large files setting"?

For those that missed the memo, here it is again ;)

Open your Ad-Aware program and look on the left side menu, choose *settings*

Under the second tab marked *Scanning*

Look for the entry that has: "Skip files larger than .......... " and checkmark that to be green and fill in number (kbs)

(see image)

post-65-1205449939.gif

Fill in a number there in size, for instance 5000 (or even 10000 and some are even using 300000) but I doubt you'll ever see Malware files that large (they are usually under that 5000).

Then remember to SAVE that setting. Now try your scan again. It's probably best to temporarily turn off any running security programs you have open so they don't conflict during the scan. Stay off the internet too. And close all open windows and any running program so you can be sure it doesn't have something inteferring. Let us know how you make out?

Sign in to follow this