Sign in to follow this  
St. Clair

1920 Error

Is it worth me pursueing trying to install adaware 2007 when I keep getting Error 1920 ? I have been trying for many weeks but it would appear to be unsolveable by the manufacturers. I have seen a few claimed solutions but I don't really wish to go through all the procedures when it should download simply. Why are the inventers so lax ? is it because it's free and not financially beneficial to them ?

Regards, Gordon.

Is it worth me pursueing trying to install adaware 2007 when I keep getting Error 1920 ? I have been trying for many weeks but it would appear to be unsolveable by the manufacturers. I have seen a few claimed solutions but I don't really wish to go through all the procedures when it should download simply. Why are the inventers so lax ? is it because it's free and not financially beneficial to them ?

Regards, Gordon.

I am currently having the same problem installing Ad-Aware Free. I have used it for years with no problem. However, when I had to reload Windows XP, Error 1920 is all I get. Does anyone have a solution?

Tommy T

Hi St. Clair & Tommy T,

This isn't an error which I have an official fix for, as the Software Updates were supposed to have fixed this a while back.

Please see these threads for others with the same error who found workarounds of their own:

Error 1920: Ad Aware Service (aawservice) Failed To Start Message

error 1920 solution

Regards,

Spike

FYI: AAW 2008 is about to begin beta-testing...

Hi St. Clair & Tommy T,

This isn't an error which I have an official fix for, as the Software Updates were supposed to have fixed this a while back.

Please see these threads for others with the same error who found workarounds of their own:

Error 1920: Ad Aware Service (aawservice) Failed To Start Message

error 1920 solution

Regards,

Spike

FYI: AAW 2008 is about to begin beta-testing...

I have sent a reply to these but they may not have filtered through. Re I decided to try the latest fix suggested, however, when I loaded it, the download went straight through without problem, therfore, people having had this 1920 error problem may wish to try again. I have no anwer to why this went through O.K.

Thanks for all your help everybody.

Hi St. Clair,

Good to read that your problem is now resolved.

Spike

Sign in to follow this