Sign in to follow this  
Vandyu

Error During Tracking Cookie Removal

Having used AdAware SE successfully for several years, I was pretty impressed when I downloaded AdAware 2007. But, it wasn't long before I started getting an error pop up during the removal process of cookies and other items. I use Norton Internet Security also with my WinXP system. It never finds any virus.

Never had any conflicts with Norton AntiVirus stand alone and AdAware SE . So, don't know what to do or where the problem is. The AdAware will find anywhere from 40-90 cookies and privacy objects during a full system scan. Today I scanned and found 54 objects, but the program stopped removing them at 46. The error says the others will be removed upon restarting. Then, when I click Finish, I get another window telling me there are unhandled objects and asking yes/no if I still want to Finish.

Never had to restart before to get rid of things. I update the definitions at least once a week. Please advise. :unsure:

Hi Vandyo :D

some malware will deleted at windows start-up, so just try it and let us know how it works for you.

If they are still present after start-up, a screen shot from the list would be appreciated.

Cheerio

Raziel :unsure:

some malware will deleted at windows start-up, so just try it and let us know how it works for you.

If they are still present after start-up, a screen shot from the list would be appreciated.

Cheerio

Raziel :D

ditto, ditto and ditto...

where would you like the screen-shot of the list sent to? I don't have the proper permissions I guess to attach a .doc file here...(you are not permitted to upload this type of file)

cgilz

Edited by cgilz

I have to admit that I'm becoming disillusioned with this software. You shouldn't have to restart your computer to see if the software has actually removed items that it has found but then gives you an error about. There are either some settings I need to change or I need help figuring out the conflict. Apparently, I'm not the only one with problems like this, so it can't just be my computer.

The AdAware software before 2007 had worked like a charm until now. Tonight I downloaded new definitions and was excited because it looked like it was removing items OK and when it reached 16 items remaining it ground to a halt and sent me the error message. If there weren't a problem, then why would there be an error message at all? :)

Cheerio

Raziel :)

Sign in to follow this