Sign in to follow this  
Martial

"SSL Download Failed" when updating

I have Adaware 2007 version 7.0.2.6.

Last successful update --> 3/20/2008 (10:40pm)

When I select update now, it gives me the message:

Update

SSL Download Failed

Suggested Action

Run Webupdate

But if I run Web Update from the left column, the same pop up appears.

Can anyone help, please?

Hi Martial,

The previous (minor) Software Update on 14th March had a patch to address that exact problem.

I would suggest that the quickest way around this would be to download the new full version (v 7.0.2.7), released yesterday, from here.

Un-install your current version then install v 7.0.2.7 - this should resolve your updating issues.

Regards,

Spike

NB: May I suggest that you subscribe to the Software Updates so that you receive an email whenever a new Update is released - go to that link, click on "Options" in the title-bar, select "Track this Topic" and then choose your email notification preference.

To be emailed whenever a new Defs file is released, go to the Definition Updates, click on "Options" in the title-bar, select "Subscribe to this forum" and again, choose your email notification preference.

Thank you for the quick reply.

However, the same exact problem still exists with the version 7.0.2.7. that I downloaded from the link.

The Backup Definitions File Option was already X'ed. And the problem still occurs. I also tried the option on "check mark" but the problem still occurs at that time.

If you need any information about my Ad-aware settings or whatever that may be causing this, I'll be happy to comply.

Edited by Martial

The Backup Definitions File Option was already X'ed. And the problem still occurs.

Ok, thanks for the confirm on that - had to check that first because that is a currently known problem.

The other causes of the SSL download error

I get an error message "SSL download failed". How do I resolve this issue?

http://www.lavasoft.com/support/faq_aaw2007.php#11

Have you tried those steps? If might be another security program like firewall or AV blocking the connection out to the server?

Or if you have proxy settings. Are you behind a proxy server?

Thanks for reply.

I have turned off windows firewall, my antivirus and other anti-spyware protections and tried updating. The problem persists. Anything I'm missing?

Turn back on your security protection programs if you haven't done that already, and let's try doing some diagnostics, maybe I can spot what may give us some other clues on what is blocking your downloads

* Download Trend Micro Hijack Thisâ„¢

http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/hijac.../HJTInstall.exe

Doubleclick the HJTInstall.exe to start it.

By default it will install HijackThis in the Program Files\Trendmicro folder and create a desktop shortcut.

HijackThis will open after install. Press the Scan button below.

This will start the scan and open a log.

Copy and paste the contents of the log in your next reply.

And I would also like to a log from this free tool also

Deckard’s System Scanner

http://www.techsupportforum.com/sectools/Deckard/dss.exe

Download Deckard's System Scanner (DSS) to your Desktop. Note: You must be logged onto an account with administrator privileges.

1. Close all applications and windows.

2. Double-click on dss.exe to run it, and follow the prompts.

3. When the scan is complete, two text files will open - main.txt <- this one will be maximized and extra.txt<-this one will be minimized[/size]

4. Copy (Ctrl+A then Ctrl+C) and paste (Ctrl+V) the contents of main.txt and the extra.txt to your post in your reply

:unsure: Was there a resolution to the "SSL Download Failed"? The thread just stopped. I have the same problem. I installed 7.0.2.7 yesterday and it went well including the update. Today I tried to install it on one of my other computers but I kept getting the "SSL Download Failed"?. Web Update did the same thing. I re-installed 4 times.

I then went back to the other computer that I installed yesterday and now it will not update either giving the same error message. Could it be a server error?

Oh well, maybe tomorrow will be a better day.

boa

:unsure: Please refer to my post yesterday. I now believe that my first impression is correct. Yesterday constantly got the "SSL Download Failed" error. Web Update did not work.

Today is a better day. BOTH computers updated w/o problems. It looks like the problem is not on the user end.

Boa

Sign in to follow this