• Announcements

• LS.Andy

Support for other products than adaware, ad block, web protection and Web Companion   05/05/2017

Support for the following products is handled by the Lavasoft support team: Lavasoft Tuneup Kit Lavasoft PC Optimizer Lavasoft Driver Updater Lavasoft Registry Tuner Lavasoft Privacy Toolbox Lavasoft File Shredder Lavasoft Digital Lock

For help with these products, contact the support team here: http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter/

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
niteowl

Ad-Aware 2007 will not uninstall

2 posts in this topic

Hello, I'm new to this forum.

I want to uninstall Ad-Aware 2007, but it will not let me. I've tried to uninstall it a few ways. First, I went through control panel, add/remove programs. But while it is listed amongst the programs, I can not click on the remove button. Also, it does not display how big the program is. I've tried in safe mode, and same problem. I also went to my menu, and clicked on the uninstall link, but it told me there was not enough space on disk to write uninstall. I think that's what it said.

I've manually tried to remove all Ad-aware files, but one of them can't be deleted, aawservice.exe, which tells me it may still be in use.

I am a computer novice, so dealing with this sort of thing is a little new to me. I already have another anti spyware program on my computer, so I think I'll just use that. Really, I just need to get rid of Ad-aware so I can free up disk space on my already crammed computer.

Can anyone help? Thanks!

Hello, I'm new to this forum.

I want to uninstall Ad-Aware 2007, but it will not let me. I've tried to uninstall it a few ways. First, I went through control panel, add/remove programs. But while it is listed amongst the programs, I can not click on the remove button. Also, it does not display how big the program is. I've tried in safe mode, and same problem. I also went to my menu, and clicked on the uninstall link, but it told me there was not enough space on disk to write uninstall. I think that's what it said.

I've manually tried to remove all Ad-aware files, but one of them can't be deleted, aawservice.exe, which tells me it may still be in use.

I am a computer novice, so dealing with this sort of thing is a little new to me. I already have another anti spyware program on my computer, so I think I'll just use that. Really, I just need to get rid of Ad-aware so I can free up disk space on my already crammed computer.

Can anyone help? Thanks!

Should I end the process for Ad-Aware through the Task Manager?. Can anyone at all offer some help?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0