Sign in to follow this  
wolf01

What is the meaning of : "There are unhandled objects. Do you still want to finish?"

After Smart Scanning with AAW 2007 I check all the boxes under "Critical" heading and all the boxes under "Privacy Objects" and then click on Remove in each case.

But when I click on Finish I always get the message

"There are unhandled objects. Do you still want to finish?"

What could these "unhandled objects" be and how can I remove them?

AAW SE used to tell me how many objects had been removed but this is not available in AAW 2007.

Hi,

There are a few possibilities for this.

Are you searching for MRU's (er I think that's what their called) - basically not a risk and coloured in green on your scan results page? If you do not select an action for those they will be flagged as unhandled when you try and close the program.

The other possibility is a file the program could not delete as it was in use - but those normally pop an error message telling you this and that they will be removed at next computer restart.

Do any of those situations apply to your case?

dr del

Ia received that message when I was deleting a bunch of cookies (about 197). You have to wait a while for that stuff to actually delete. If you look at the total number of cookies located on the tab, you will see the number going down. Just because they disappear from the listing in the window doesn't mean they are all gone yet.

This ain't Adaware SE by a long shot. :)

Edited by Deputy

I'm still having problems with the program finding tracking cookies and when it does find them and delete them, then my logins are gone too. I know there must be some tracking cookies in my computer, but none have been found in the last 10 days. If they are coming out with a new program in May after only having 2007 for a year, there must be a problem with the program or else they are cutting out xp support perhaps. Just a guess about that though....

Sign in to follow this