Sign in to follow this  
colinito

lavasoft 2007 - updating etc.

Hello!

I downloaded the Lavasoft 2007 (free) as soon as it was available. I updated it prior to each scan - about once a week. I have been away for two weeks and after some work on the internet, I decided to update. The last update shows as 7.4.08 - it's now 29.4.08. I kept trying to update, but am informed that the definitions are up to date. How can they be?

I was also told that new software was available but each time I try to download it, the cycle starts again and I end up with a hint to download the new update manager again and again!

How do I make sure the programme has updated, so that when it is scanning, it has the latest definitions?

Thanks in advance for any help on these topics.

Colinito

Hi colinito ;)

1. uninstall AAW 2007.

2. Start/Run > execute > type ' cleanmgr ' and enter > drive 'c' ok > checkmark temp.files/temp.internet files/recycle bin

run

3. reboot

4. start a windows-search for AAW leavings and delete them manually

5. reboot

6. start a new download and installation ( disable security software )

If you're still in trouble, fell free to post back.

Regards

Raziel :D

Hi colinito ;)

1. uninstall AAW 2007.

2. Start/Run > execute > type ' cleanmgr ' and enter > drive 'c' ok > checkmark temp.files/temp.internet files/recycle bin

run

3. reboot

4. start a windows-search for AAW leavings and delete them manually

5. reboot

6. start a new download and installation ( disable security software )

If you're still in trouble, fell free to post back.

Regards

Raziel :D

Hello Raziel,

I'm not sure if this is the correct way to reply - but here goes!

Thank you for your advice. I tried a few times to update the newly-downloaded AAW 2007, but the server was busy for a long time! I managed at last to get a reply which told me that I was not able to do this but to try a web update. I did that, and I have now been updated.

Many thanks for your assistance.

Regards

Colinito.