Sign in to follow this  
Hammersmith

Error starting AdAware 2007

Hello, I have been using AdAware for many years with good results.

Just recently I had a problem with AdAware 2007, version... 6 on Microsoft XP SP2. I was unable to correct it so I downloaded the next revision... 7.

Just 2% before finishing I get an error about access violation to memory, so it never really finishes the install. I do not have those error messages but I do have the message when I start the program up and I believe it is very similar to the access violation message I get at the end of download.

Wish I could figure out how to paste it but it reads as follows...

An Error has occured in Ad-Aware 2007!

Component:

TcomboBox

Access violation at address 7E433287 in module 'User32.dll'. Read of address 00000111

Send this information to Lavasoft Support Team.... AdAware now terminates.

When I try to enter that data on the support page, it requires me to register and give my AdAware product s/n. But since I cannot start the program I am unable to give the s/n. Thus I am posting to this forum.

I am unable to run or even reload the AdAware program. I have removed it a couple times and reloaded with the same results.

How can I repair the program so that I can keep the protection I have been used to over several years?

Thanks,

Jim Henderson

Edited by Hammersmith

i get that too

and the box flashes like nuts

ok somehow i fixed it

it wouldnt update so i downloaded the core zip which didnt seem do anything i cant find on computer

then said it updated

now its fixed

post-28381-1209575166.jpg

Edited by cootmaster

have you since experienced this issue?

it is possible it was a fault with ad-aware or you may have had an infection.

firstly try downloading ad-aware 2008 from here

post back and let us know,

Sign in to follow this